Tomato and basil penne pasta
This filling pasta tastes so indulgent, you'd think it's a high-fat takeout version. Packed full of fresh flavors and sensationally low Syn.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 1lb dry penne pasta
- low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 (14.5oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sugar substitute
- handful of chopped fresh basil leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 level tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan sprayed with low-calorie cooking spray and add the onions and garlic and cook for 3–4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and sugar substitute, cover, and cook gently for 8–10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the tomato sauce from the heat, stir in the basil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place the pasta in bowls, top with the sauce, and serve with the Parmesan sprinkled over the top.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim down through spring and save $$$s too with our special offer! Join before June 1, 2015 and get $50 off - that's 3 months' personalized weight loss help for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.