Tomato and basil penne pasta
This filling pasta tastes so indulgent, you'd think it's a high-fat takeout version. Packed full of fresh flavors and sensationally low Syn.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 340g/12oz dried penne pasta
- low-calorie cooking spray, such as PAM Olive Oil
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 2 x 400g/14oz cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp artificial sweetener
- handful of chopped fresh basil leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 level tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box, drain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan sprayed with low-calorie cooking spray and add the onions and garlic and cook for 3–4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and sweetener, cover, and cook gently for 8–10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the tomato sauce from the heat, stir in the basil, and season well. Place the pasta in warmed serving bowls, top with the sauce, and serve with the Parmesan sprinkled over the top.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim-down through summer and save dollars too! Join Slimming World Online before July 31, 2014 and you'll save $50 on both our Gold and Silver packages. Sign up today - weight loss made easy for amazing life-long results!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.