Sweet potato wedges with chili mayo
Who needs fries when you can have these sensational spicy sweet potato wedges? We've got your Saturday night snacks sussed...
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 4 sweet potatoes (approximately 175g/6oz each)
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 60g/2oz/¼ cup fat free plain yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt
- low-calorie cooking spray, such as PAM Olive Oil
For the chili mayo
- 200g/7oz/1 cup fat free plain yogurt
- 1 level tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 390°F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut lengthwise into 4-5 chunky wedges. Place in a shallow bowl. Lightly crush the coriander and cumin seeds in a mortar and pestle and place in a small bowl, along with the fennel seeds, red pepper flakes, yogurt, and lemon juice. Season and pour this mixture over the sweet potato wedges and toss to coat evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Arrange the potato wedges in a single layer and spray lightly with the spray. Place in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, make the mayo by mixing all the ingredients in a small bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
- Remove the wedges from the oven and place on a large platter and serve immediately with the bowl of chili mayo to accompany.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Make your New Year's resolutions come true with Slimming World Online. Join before February 1, 2015 and get $60 off - that's 3 months' personalized weight loss help for just $35. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.