Spicy sweet potato wedges with chili mayo
Who needs fries when you can have these sensational spicy sweet potato wedges? We've got your Saturday night snacks figured out...
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- Ready in: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 4 (6oz each) sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup (2oz) fat-free plain yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt
- low-calorie cooking spray
For the chili mayo
- 1 cup (8oz) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 level tbsp sweet chili sauce
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 red chili pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut lengthwise into 4-5 chunky wedges. Place in a shallow bowl. Lightly crush the coriander and cumin seeds in a mortar and pestle and place in a small bowl, along with the fennel seeds, crushed red pepper flakes, yogurt, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste and pour this mixture over the sweet potato wedges and toss to coat evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Arrange the potato wedges in a single layer and spray lightly with the spray. Place in the oven and roast for 25–30 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, make the mayo by mixing all the ingredients in a small bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
- Remove the wedges from the oven and serve immediately with the bowl of chili mayo to accompany.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Cool off your wallet and heat up your weight loss this summer with $50 off! Join by September 1, 2015 and get 3 months of personalized support for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.