Sweet potato wedges with chili mayo
Who needs fries when you can have these sensational spicy sweet potato wedges? We've got your Saturday night snacks sussed...
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 4 sweet potatoes (approximately 175g/6oz each)
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 60g/2oz/¼ cup fat free plain yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt
- low-calorie cooking spray, such as PAM Olive Oil
For the chili mayo
- 200g/7oz/1 cup fat free plain yogurt
- 1 level tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 390°F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut lengthwise into 4-5 chunky wedges. Place in a shallow bowl. Lightly crush the coriander and cumin seeds in a mortar and pestle and place in a small bowl, along with the fennel seeds, red pepper flakes, yogurt, and lemon juice. Season and pour this mixture over the sweet potato wedges and toss to coat evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Arrange the potato wedges in a single layer and spray lightly with the spray. Place in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, make the mayo by mixing all the ingredients in a small bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
- Remove the wedges from the oven and place on a large platter and serve immediately with the bowl of chili mayo to accompany.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Join before June 2, 2014 and get $30 off - that means 3 months' personalized weight loss help starts at just $65. Plus join with our Gold package and get a free Fast & Filling Family Feasts cookbook.
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.