Stuffed herby crepes
If you're looking for a quick and easy lunch then dig into these stuffed herby crêpes—best of all, they're completely Free.
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red chile pepper, seeds removed and very finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- low-calorie cooking spray
For the stuffing
- 1 cup (8oz) fat-free plain cottage cheese, blended until smooth
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup very finely chopped mixed fresh herbs (cilantro, mint, and parsley)
- tossed salad, to serve
- Lightly beat the eggs with 1–2 tablespoons of cold water. Stir in the bell pepper and chile pepper. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a medium-sized nonstick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and, when hot, ladle half the beaten egg mixture into it. Swirl the frying pan to coat the base evenly and cook over low heat for 3–4 minutes or until the base is lightly browned and set. With a spatula, carefully slide the "pancake" onto a clean countertop. Repeat with the remaining egg mixture to give you two pancakes. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauces, and the chopped herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and carefully spread this mixture onto the cooled pancakes. Roll up each pancake and wrap each one in plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for 2–3 hours.
- When ready to serve, cut the pancakes into thick diagonal slices and serve with a tossed salad.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim down through spring and save $$$s too with our special offer! Join before June 1, 2015 and get $50 off - that's 3 months' personalized weight loss help for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.