Stuffed herb crepes
If you're looking for a quick and easy lunch then tuck into these stuffed herby crêpes - best of all, they're completely Free.
- Serves: 2
- Prep. time: 15 minutes, plus chilling
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp very finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 red chili, deseeded and very finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- low-calorie cooking spray, such as PAM Olive Oil
For the stuffing
- 200g/7oz fat-free plain cottage cheese, strained
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup/120g/4oz very finely chopped mixed fresh herbs (cilantro, mint, and parsley)
- tomato, cucumber, and mixed leaf salad, to serve
- Lightly beat the eggs with 1–2 tablespoons of cold water. Stir in the bell pepper and chili. Season well with salt.
- Spray a medium-size nonstick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and, when hot, ladle half the beaten egg mixture into it. Swirl the frying pan to coat the base evenly and cook over a gentle heat for 3–4 minutes or until the base is lightly browned and set. With a spatula, carefully slide the “pancake” onto a clean work surface. Repeat with the remaining egg mixture to give you two pancakes. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauces, and the chopped herbs. Season and carefully spread this mixture onto the cooled pancakes. Roll up each pancake and wrap each one in plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for 2–3 hours.
- When ready to serve, cut the pancakes into thick diagonal slices and serve with a salad of tomatoes, cucumber, and mixed lettuce leaves.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Your New Year's resolution can still come true... and you can easily be a clothes size or more slimmer by spring! Join before March 31, 2014 and get $30 off - that means 3 months' personalized weight loss help starts at just $65.
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.