Soy glazed turkey and vegetable skewers
Kabobs look and taste delicious, they're quick to cook and an all-around favorite at every barbecue... plus our special Asian marinade makes these kabobs even more delicious!
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 10 minutes plus marinating
- Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- Ready in: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- ⅔ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 level tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1lb skinless turkey breast steaks, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 scallions, cut into bite-sized pieces
- In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sweet chili sauce and ginger together. Add the turkey to the bowl, toss to coat well and allow to marinate for 15–30 minutes or overnight if time permits.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Thread the turkey pieces and vegetables, alternately, onto 8 metal skewers. Place the skewers in a foil-lined broiler tray in a single layer and pour over the marinade.
- Place under the broiler and cook for 12–15 minutes, basting with the marinade and turning frequently, or until the turkey is cooked through. Alternatively, you can cook them in a preheated oven at 400°F for 20 minutes, turning a couple of times during cooking.
Tip: These skewers can be eaten warm, or let them cool and pack into an airtight container for a picnic and eat at room temperature.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
As the leaves drop this fall, you'll drop lbs, too, when you join by October 31, 2015 and save $50! That's 3 months of personalized weight loss support for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.