Soy glazed turkey and vegetable skewers
Kabobs look and taste delicious, they're speedy to cook and they're a firm favorite at every barbecue... plus our special oriental marinade makes these kabobs even more delicious!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time:
- Cook time: ready in under 30 minutes plus marinating
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 200ml dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 level tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp peeled and grated root ginger
- 400g skinless turkey breast steaks, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper and 1 yellow bell pepper, deseeded and cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 scallions onions, cut into bite sized pieces
- In a wide ceramic bowl, mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sweet chili sauce and ginger together. Add the turkey to the bowl, toss to coat well and allow to marinate for 15-30 minutes or overnight if time permits.
- Preheat the broiler to medium-high.
- Thread the turkey pieces and vegetables, alternately, onto 8 metal skewers. Place the skewers in a foil-lined broiler tray in a single layer and pour over the marinade.
- Place under the broiler and cook for 12-15 minutes, basting with the marinade and turning frequently, or until the turkey is coked through. Alternatively, you can cook them in a preheated oven at 390°F for 20 minutes, turning a couple of times during cooking.
- These skewers can be eaten warm, or let them cool then pack into an airtight container for a picnic and eat at room temperature.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Eat, enjoy and slim-down this Christmas! Join Slimming World Online and save $30! That means three months' personalized support starts at just $65. Success is right at your fingertips!(Ends December 30, 2013)
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.