Rustic Italian tomato soup
This rustic soup is super-quick and cheap to make, but full of flavor - the perfect solution to a cold night in.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- low-calorie cooking spray, such as PAM Olive Oil
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g/14oz canned chopped tomatoes
- 85ml/3fl oz/⅓ cup dry white wine
- 200ml/7fl oz/1 cup organic vegetable bouillon
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped or torn basil leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- sprigs of basil, to serve
- Spray a deep saucepan with a little low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook gently until softened and tender.
- Add the canned tomatoes, along with their juices, the wine, and bouillon and stir well. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15–20 minutes.
- Stir in the basil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve in hot soup bowls, garnished, if desired, with sprigs of basil.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Would you love...to see the pounds fall off before the leaves start to fall? ...to be wearing a smaller clothes size by Thanksgiving? Join today and save $65 on both our Gold & Silver packages - that means three months' personalized support starts at just $30 total. Plus free Fast and Filling Family Food cook book with a gold membership package. (ends Sept 30)
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.