Rustic Italian tomato soup
This rustic soup is super-quick and cheap to make, but full of flavor - the perfect solution to a cold night in.
- low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5oz) cans diced tomatoes
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup vegetable broth or stock
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped or torn basil leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- sprigs of basil, to serve
- Spray a large pot with a little low-calorie cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook gently until softened and tender.
- Add the canned tomatoes, along with their juices, the wine, and broth and stir well. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15–20 minutes.
- Stir in the basil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in soup bowls, garnished, if desired, with sprigs of basil.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Put a spring in your step on your weight loss journey with our special savings! Join by May 23, 2016 and you’ll get $50 off the current membership price. That means 3 months of personalized weight loss support is yours for just $45. Plus, join with our Gold membership package and receive two free books!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.