Rustic Italian tomato soup
This rustic soup is super-quick and cheap to make, but full of flavor - the perfect solution to a cold night in.
- low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5oz) cans diced tomatoes
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup vegetable broth or stock
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped or torn basil leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- sprigs of basil, to serve
- Spray a large pot with a little low-calorie cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook gently until softened and tender.
- Add the canned tomatoes, along with their juices, the wine, and broth and stir well. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15–20 minutes.
- Stir in the basil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in soup bowls, garnished, if desired, with sprigs of basil.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim down through spring and save $$$s too with our special offer! Join before June 1, 2015 and get $50 off - that's 3 months' personalized weight loss help for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.