Rustic Italian tomato soup
This rustic soup is super-quick and cheap to make, but full of flavor - the perfect solution to a cold night in.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- low-calorie cooking spray, such as PAM Olive Oil
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g/14oz canned chopped tomatoes
- 85ml/3fl oz/⅓ cup dry white wine
- 200ml/7fl oz/1 cup organic vegetable bouillon
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped or torn basil leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- sprigs of basil, to serve
- Spray a deep saucepan with a little low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook gently until softened and tender.
- Add the canned tomatoes, along with their juices, the wine, and bouillon and stir well. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15–20 minutes.
- Stir in the basil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve in hot soup bowls, garnished, if desired, with sprigs of basil.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Your New Year's resolution can still come true... and you can easily be a clothes size or more slimmer by spring! Join before March 31, 2014 and get $30 off - that means 3 months' personalized weight loss help starts at just $65.
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.