Roast pepper soup
This colorful soup is a perfect for Food Optimizers, and the rest of the family too!
- 2 red and 1 yellow bell peppers, halved
- 1 white onion, thickly sliced
- 3 cups vegetable broth or stock
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch of chili powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp fat-free plain yogurt, to serve
- sprigs of basil, to garnish
- Broil the bell peppers until the skins are blackened and charred. Remove from the broiler and put them in a plastic zip-top bag for 5 minutes. Peel off the skins, then remove the seeds and chop.
- Meanwhile, broil the onion slices under the hot broiler until they are brown on both sides, then roughly chop.
- Bring the broth to a boil. Put the chopped bell peppers in a pot with half the stock, garlic, cayenne pepper, and chili powder. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, season with salt and pepper to taste, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup in a food processor or blender for about 15–20 seconds. Return to the pot with the rest of the broth and heat through gently. Serve hot, garnished with a swirl of yogurt and a sprig of basil.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim your way through the holidays and start the New Year off right with our special savings! Join by January 17, 2016 and you’ll get $50 off the current membership price. That means 3 months of personalized weight loss support is yours for just $45. Plus, join with our Gold membership package and receive two free books!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.