Roast pepper soup
This colorful soup is a perfect for Food Optimisers and the rest of the family too!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 2 red and 1 yellow bell peppers, halved
- 1 white onion, thickly sliced
- 3 cups/700ml/½pt water
- 1 tbsp vegetable bouillon
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch of chili powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp fat free plain yogurt, to serve
- sprigs of basil, to garnish
- Broil the bell peppers until the skins are blackened and charred. Remove from the broiler and put them in a Ziploc bag for 5 minutes. Peel off the skins, then deseed and chop.
- Meanwhile, broil the onion slices under the hot broiler until they are brown on both sides, then roughly chop.
- Bring the water to the boil, add the vegetable bouillon, and stir until dissolved. Put the chopped bell peppers in a saucepan with half of the stock, garlic, cayenne pepper, and chili powder. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup in a food processor or blender for about 15–20 seconds. Return to the saucepan with the rest of the bouillon and heat through gently. Serve hot, garnished with a swirl of yogurt and a sprig of basil.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Make your New Year's resolutions come true with Slimming World Online. Join before February 1, 2015 and get $60 off - that's 3 months' personalized weight loss help for just $35. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.