Roast pepper soup
This colorful soup is a perfect for Food Optimizers, and the rest of the family too!
- 2 red and 1 yellow bell peppers, halved
- 1 white onion, thickly sliced
- 3 cups vegetable broth or stock
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch of chili powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp fat-free plain yogurt, to serve
- sprigs of basil, to garnish
- Broil the bell peppers until the skins are blackened and charred. Remove from the broiler and put them in a plastic zip-top bag for 5 minutes. Peel off the skins, then remove the seeds and chop.
- Meanwhile, broil the onion slices under the hot broiler until they are brown on both sides, then roughly chop.
- Bring the broth to a boil. Put the chopped bell peppers in a pot with half the stock, garlic, cayenne pepper, and chili powder. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, season with salt and pepper to taste, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup in a food processor or blender for about 15–20 seconds. Return to the pot with the rest of the broth and heat through gently. Serve hot, garnished with a swirl of yogurt and a sprig of basil.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim down through spring and save $$$s too with our special offer! Join before June 1, 2015 and get $50 off - that's 3 months' personalized weight loss help for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.