Fill up on the whole family on the hearty, healthy, and delicious favorite that can be made in advance.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Total time: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 250g/9oz pack smoked Canadian bacon, trimmed of all visible fat
- 1 medium onion, peeled and coarsley grated
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 level tsp tomato purée
- 1 level tsp spicy mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- freshly ground black pepper
- 500g/18oz extra-lean ground beef
- 200g/7oz Brussels sprouts, to serve
- 230g/8oz carrots, peeled and sliced, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 360ºF/180ºC.
- Take a few slices of bacon and use them to line the base and two long sides of a 500g/1lb loaf tin. Finely chop the remaining bacon and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the onion, garlic, tomato purée, mustard, paprika, and egg with some seasoning and mix thoroughly.
- Add the finely chopped bacon and ground beef and mix together well. Spoon the meat mixture into the bacon-lined loaf tin and cover tightly with tinfoil. Bake in the oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow the meatloaf to stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the vegetables in lightly salted boiling water or steam for 8–10 minutes and drain.
- Remove the tinfoil from the meatloaf, drain off any liquid, and discard. Invert the meatloaf onto a chopping board or platter and cut into 8 slices. Serve slices of meatloaf with the accompanying vegetables.
Tip: Tip: The meatloaf can be cooked immediately or stored in the fridge uncooked for up to a day until ready to cook. Or it can be cooked, cooled, and kept for up to 2 days in the tin and reheated when needed.
Suitable for home freezing.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Make your New Year's resolutions come true with Slimming World Online. Join before February 1, 2015 and get $60 off - that's 3 months' personalized weight loss help for just $35. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.