Fill up on the whole family on the hearty, healthy, and delicious favorite that can be made in advance.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Total time: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 250g/9oz pack smoked Canadian bacon, trimmed of all visible fat
- 1 medium onion, peeled and coarsley grated
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 level tsp tomato purée
- 1 level tsp spicy mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- freshly ground black pepper
- 500g/18oz extra-lean ground beef
- 200g/7oz Brussels sprouts, to serve
- 230g/8oz carrots, peeled and sliced, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 360ºF/180ºC.
- Take a few slices of bacon and use them to line the base and two long sides of a 500g/1lb loaf tin. Finely chop the remaining bacon and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the onion, garlic, tomato purée, mustard, paprika, and egg with some seasoning and mix thoroughly.
- Add the finely chopped bacon and ground beef and mix together well. Spoon the meat mixture into the bacon-lined loaf tin and cover tightly with tinfoil. Bake in the oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow the meatloaf to stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the vegetables in lightly salted boiling water or steam for 8–10 minutes and drain.
- Remove the tinfoil from the meatloaf, drain off any liquid, and discard. Invert the meatloaf onto a chopping board or platter and cut into 8 slices. Serve slices of meatloaf with the accompanying vegetables.
Tip: Tip: The meatloaf can be cooked immediately or stored in the fridge uncooked for up to a day until ready to cook. Or it can be cooked, cooled, and kept for up to 2 days in the tin and reheated when needed.
Suitable for home freezing.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Join before June 2, 2014 and get $30 off - that means 3 months' personalized weight loss help starts at just $65. Plus join with our Gold package and get a free Fast & Filling Family Feasts cookbook.
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.