Key lime pie
A delightfully indulgent dessert that you can make ahead - a perfect way to round off a special meal.
- Serves: 8
- Prep. time:
- Cook time:
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- low-calorie cooking spray (butter flavored)
- 6 tbsp Graham Crackers crumbs
- 1 package sugar-free lime jello mix
- 2 tsp powdered gelatine
- 4 limes
- 12oz Dannon Light, Fit Carb and Sugar Control Vanilla Cream Yogurt
- 1 cup fat free plain cottage cheese, strained
- 7 tbsp artificial sweetener
- Spray a small pan with the low-calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat until warm. Stir the cracker crumbs into the pan, then transfer to a 7-inch pie dish, press evenly over the base using the back of a spoon and chill in the fridge until needed.
- Make up the jello according to the package directions. Stir in the gelatine and set aside to cool.
- Pare the zest from two of the limes, then squeeze the juice from all four limes.
- When the jello mixture is cool, place in a food processor along with the lime juice, yogurt, strained cottage cheese and 6 tablespoons of the artificial sweetener. Blend until smooth.
- Pour over the base, cover and chill in the fridge overnight.
- Make the candied lime zest. Place the lime zest in a small pan with the remaining artificial sweetener and enough boiling water to cover. Heat gently for 6-8 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Transfer the lime zest to a baking sheet covered with nonstick baking parchment and set aside until ready to serve.
- When the pie has completely set, decorate with the candied lime zest and serve cut into wedges.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Join before June 2, 2014 and get $30 off - that means 3 months' personalized weight loss help starts at just $65. Plus join with our Gold package and get a free Fast & Filling Family Feasts cookbook.
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.