Key lime pie
A delightfully indulgent dessert that you can make ahead - a perfect way to round off a special meal.
- Serves: 8
- Prep. time:
- Cook time:
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- low-calorie cooking spray (butter flavored)
- 6 tbsp Graham Crackers crumbs
- 1 package sugar-free lime jello mix
- 2 tsp powdered gelatine
- 4 limes
- 12oz Dannon Light, Fit Carb and Sugar Control Vanilla Cream Yogurt
- 1 cup fat free plain cottage cheese, strained
- 7 tbsp artificial sweetener
- Spray a small pan with the low-calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat until warm. Stir the cracker crumbs into the pan, then transfer to a 7-inch pie dish, press evenly over the base using the back of a spoon and chill in the fridge until needed.
- Make up the jello according to the package directions. Stir in the gelatine and set aside to cool.
- Pare the zest from two of the limes, then squeeze the juice from all four limes.
- When the jello mixture is cool, place in a food processor along with the lime juice, yogurt, strained cottage cheese and 6 tablespoons of the artificial sweetener. Blend until smooth.
- Pour over the base, cover and chill in the fridge overnight.
- Make the candied lime zest. Place the lime zest in a small pan with the remaining artificial sweetener and enough boiling water to cover. Heat gently for 6-8 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Transfer the lime zest to a baking sheet covered with nonstick baking parchment and set aside until ready to serve.
- When the pie has completely set, decorate with the candied lime zest and serve cut into wedges.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim-down through summer and save dollars too! Join Slimming World Online before July 31, 2014 and you'll save $50 on both our Gold and Silver packages. Sign up today - weight loss made easy for amazing life-long results!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.