Key lime pie
A delightfully indulgent dessert that you can make ahead—a perfect way to round off a special meal.
- Serves: 8
- Prep. time: 15 minutes plus chilling
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- low-calorie cooking spray (butter flavored)
- 6 tbsp graham cracker crumbs
- 1 package sugar-free lime jello mix
- 2 tsp powdered gelatin
- 4 limes
- 2 (6oz) Free vanilla yogurts
- 1 cup fat-free plain cottage cheese
- 7 tbsp sugar substitute
- Spray a small pan with the low-calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat until warm. Stir the cracker crumbs into the pan, then transfer to a 7-inch pie dish, press evenly over the base using the back of a spoon and chill in the fridge until needed.
- Make the jello according to the package directions. Stir in the gelatin and set aside to cool.
- Zest two of the limes, then squeeze the juice from all four limes.
- When the jello mixture is cool, place in a food processor along with the lime juice, yogurt, cottage cheese and 6 tablespoons of the sugar substitute. Blend until smooth.
- Pour over the base, cover and chill in the fridge overnight.
- Make the candied lime zest. Place the lime zest in a small pan with the remaining sugar substitute and enough boiling water to cover. Heat gently for 6-8 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Transfer the lime zest to a baking sheet covered with nonstick parchment paper and set aside until ready to serve.
- When the pie has completely set, decorate with the candied lime zest and serve cut into wedges.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim down through spring and save $$$s too with our special offer! Join before June 1, 2015 and get $50 off - that's 3 months' personalized weight loss help for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.