Garlic chicken and vegetable pot roast
Once you've prepared this dish, you can put it in the oven and forget about it until it's ready to serve—it's a real meal in one.
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Ready in: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 2 small red bell peppers, cut into quarters and seeds removed
- 2 small green bell peppers, cut into quarters and seeds removed
- 8oz shallots or small onions, left whole
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and sliced thickly
- 3lb oven ready chicken
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small lemon
- ½ cup chicken broth or stock
- 2 sprigs each of fresh thyme, rosemary, and tarragon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the bell peppers, fennel and shallots in the bottom of a large, ovenproof Dutch oven with a tight fitting lid.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken and season inside and out with salt and pepper to taste. Halve the lemon and place inside the chicken. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and pull some of the vegetables up around the sides of the chicken. Pour in the broth.
- Tie the herbs together and place in the casserole. Break the bulb of garlic up and peel away the outer paper but do not peel the cloves. Place in the pot with the chicken and vegetables, and sprinkle with the fennel seeds.
- Cover the pot with a sheet of aluminum foil and then place the lid on top. Bake for 1¼-1½ hours until tender and cooked through and the juices run clear.
- Drain the chicken and vegetables and divide among 4 plates. Remove the skin from the chicken before eating.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim down through spring and save $$$s too with our special offer! Join before June 1, 2015 and get $50 off - that's 3 months' personalized weight loss help for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.