Garlic chicken and vegetable pot roast
Once you've prepared this dish, you can put it in the oven and forget about it until it's ready to serve - it's a real meal in one.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 90 minutes
- Total time: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 2 small red bell peppers
- 2 small green bell peppers
- 227g/8oz shallots or small onions
- 1 bulb fennel
- 3lb oven ready chicken
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small lemon
- ½ cup/¼pt chicken bouillon
- 2 sprigs each of fresh thyme, rosemary, and tarragon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Halve and de-seed the bell peppers and cut in half again. Place in the bottom of a large oval casserole dish with a tight fitting lid. Trim the fennel and slice thickly. Place in the casserole.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken and season inside and out. Halve the lemon and place inside the chicken. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and pull some of the vegetables up around the sides of the chicken. Pour in the bouillon.
- Tie the herbs together and place in the casserole. Break the bulb of garlic up and peel away the outer paper but do not peel the cloves. Scatter over the chicken and vegetables, and sprinkle with the fennel seeds.
- Cover the casserole with a sheet of foil and then place the lid on top. Bake for 1¼ - 1½ hours until tender and cooked through and the juices run clear.
- Drain the chicken and vegetables and place on a warmed serving platter. Remove the skin from the chicken before eating and serve with the garlic and vegetables.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Your New Year's resolution can still come true... and you can easily be a clothes size or more slimmer by spring! Join before March 31, 2014 and get $30 off - that means 3 months' personalized weight loss help starts at just $65.
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.