Fish and chips
With this fantastically low-Syn fish dish there’s no need to give your slimming campaign a ‘battering’! By swapping fried for oven-baked, you'll be saving over 30 Syns!
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Ready in: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 1½lbs large potatoes, cut into ½ inch French fries
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 4 (8oz) thick, skinless white fish fillets (cod, haddock or hailbut)
- 4oz stale whole-wheat bread, made into breadcrumbs
- 4–5 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Tossed salad
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 475°F. Place the potatoes in a pot of lightly salted water and boil for 3–4 minutes. Drain well on paper towels and set aside to dry for about 10 minutes.
- Return the potatoes to the pot, cover with a lid and shake to “rough up” the edges (this helps them to become crisp when you bake them). Transfer to a nonstick roasting pan, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and bake for 20–25 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile place the fish fillets on a work surface and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix the breadcrumbs and chopped parsley together and spread onto a plate. Place the beaten eggs in a bowl.
- Dip the fish fillets into the egg and then into the breadcrumb mixture and coat evenly. Place on a nonstick baking sheet and bake for 15–20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve the fish with the French fries, accompanied with a tossed salad and lemon wedges.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Cool off your wallet and heat up your weight loss this summer with $50 off! Join by September 1, 2015 and get 3 months of personalized support for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.