Fish and chips
With this fantastically low-Syn fish dish there’s no need to give your slimming campaign a ‘battering’! By swapping deep-fried for oven-baked, you'll be saving over 30 Syns on the take-out version!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 1lb 9oz large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm/½ inch French fries
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- low calorie cooking spray
- 4 x 7oz thick, skinless white fish fillets (cod, haddock or hailbut)
- 4oz stale whole wheat bread, made into breadcrumbs
- 4-5 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- mixed salad and lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 475°F/240°C. Place the French fries in a saucepan of lightly salted water and boil for 3–4 minutes. Drain well on paper towels and leave to dry for about 10 minutes.
- Return the fries to the saucepan, cover with a lid and shake to “rough up” the edges (this helps them to crisp up when you bake them). Transfer to a nonstick roasting pan, spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 20–25 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile place the fish fillets on a work surface and season well. Mix the breadcrumbs and chopped parsley together and spread onto a plate. Place the beaten eggs in a shallow plate or bowl.
- Dip the fish fillets into the egg and then into the breadcrumb mixture and coat evenly. Place on a nonstick baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve the fish with the French fries, accompanied with a mixed salad and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Make your New Year's resolutions come true with Slimming World Online. Join before February 1, 2015 and get $60 off - that's 3 months' personalized weight loss help for just $35. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.