Fish and chips
With this fantastically low-Syn fish dish there’s no need to give your slimming campaign a ‘battering’! By swapping deep-fried for oven-baked, you'll be saving over 30 Syns on the take-out version!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 1lb 9oz large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm/½ inch French fries
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- low calorie cooking spray
- 4 x 7oz thick, skinless white fish fillets (cod, haddock or hailbut)
- 4oz stale whole wheat bread, made into breadcrumbs
- 4-5 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- mixed salad and lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 475°F/240°C. Place the French fries in a saucepan of lightly salted water and boil for 3–4 minutes. Drain well on paper towels and leave to dry for about 10 minutes.
- Return the fries to the saucepan, cover with a lid and shake to “rough up” the edges (this helps them to crisp up when you bake them). Transfer to a nonstick roasting pan, spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 20–25 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile place the fish fillets on a work surface and season well. Mix the breadcrumbs and chopped parsley together and spread onto a plate. Place the beaten eggs in a shallow plate or bowl.
- Dip the fish fillets into the egg and then into the breadcrumb mixture and coat evenly. Place on a nonstick baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve the fish with the French fries, accompanied with a mixed salad and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Eat, enjoy and slim-down this fall! Join Slimming World Online and save $30! That means three months' personalized support starts at just $65. Success is right at your fingertips!(Ends November 26, 2014)
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.