Here's a new twist on a brunch favorite: lighter Eggs Benedict, layered with lean ham, spinach and roasted tomatoes, all smothered in a velvety, sauce.
- Serves: 2
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Ready in: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
Add 6 Syns if not using Whole-Wheat Bread as a Healthy Extra.
- ½ cup (4oz) fat-free plain yogurt
- ¼ cup beef or vegetable broth or stock
- 1 tbsp very finely chopped chives
- 1 tbsp very finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1–2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 10 cups (10oz) young leaf or baby spinach
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 (2oz each) slices of whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 8 slices of ham (all visible fat removed)
- Vine-roasted plum tomatoes
- Bring the broth to a boil. Make the sauce by combining the first 7 ingredients in a food processor and blending until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste, set aside, and keep warm.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Stir in the vinegar, reduce the heat to a very gentle simmer, and carefully break the eggs into the water. Cover the pot and let the eggs poach on very low heat for about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and carefully transfer the eggs to a large bowl of cold water.
- Meanwhile, place the spinach, olive oil, and lemon juice in a nonstick sauté pan and heat gently until the spinach is just wilted. Season to taste. To serve, place a slice of toasted bread on a plate and top with the ham and spinach. Top each with a poached egg and spoon over the sauce. Serve immediately with vine-roasted plum tomatoes.
Tip: Add 6 Syns if not using 2oz whole-wheat bread as a Healthy Extra 'b' choice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Cool off your wallet and heat up your weight loss this summer with $50 off! Join by September 1, 2015 and get 3 months of personalized support for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.