Here's a new twist on a brunch favorite: lighter Eggs Benedict, layered with lean ham, spinach and roasted tomatoes, all smothered in a velvety sauce.
- Serves: 2
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Ready in: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
Add 6 Syns if not using Whole-Wheat Bread as a Healthy Extra.
- ½ cup (4oz) fat-free plain yogurt
- ¼ cup beef or vegetable broth or stock
- 1 tbsp very finely chopped chives
- 1 tbsp very finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1–2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 10 cups (10oz) young leaf or baby spinach
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 (2oz each) slices of whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 8 slices of ham (all visible fat removed)
- Vine-roasted plum tomatoes
- Bring the broth to a boil. Make the sauce by combining the first 7 ingredients in a food processor and blending until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste, set aside, and keep warm.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Stir in the vinegar, reduce the heat to a very gentle simmer, and carefully break the eggs into the water. Cover the pot and let the eggs poach on very low heat for about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and carefully transfer the eggs to a large bowl of cold water.
- Meanwhile, place the spinach, olive oil, and lemon juice in a nonstick sauté pan and heat gently until the spinach is just wilted. Season to taste. To serve, place a slice of toasted bread on a plate and top with the ham and spinach. Top each with a poached egg and spoon over the sauce. Serve immediately with vine-roasted plum tomatoes.
Tip: Add 6 Syns if not using 2oz whole-wheat bread as a Healthy Extra 'b' choice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
As the leaves drop this fall, you'll drop lbs, too, when you join by October 31, 2015 and save $50! That's 3 months of personalized weight loss support for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.