Here's a new twist on a brunch favorite: lighter Eggs Benedict, layered with lean ham, spinach and roasted tomatoes, all smothered in a velvety, slimmed-down sauce.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 20 minutes
- Cook time:
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
(*Add 6½ Syns if not using whole wheat bread as a Healthy Extra)
- 5oz/½ cup fat free plain yogurt
- 2fl oz/¼ cup hot beef or vegetable bouillion
- 1 tbsp very finely chopped chives
- 1 tbsp very finely chopped parsley
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1–2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 10oz young leaf or baby spinach
- 1 tsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 x 2oz slices of whole wheat toast
- 8 slices of ham (all visible fat removed)
- vine-roasted plum tomatoes, to serve
- Make the sauce by combining the first 7 ingredients in a food processor and blending until smooth. Season, set aside, and keep warm.
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Stir in the vinegar, reduce the heat to a very gentle simmer, and carefully break the eggs into the water. Cover the pan and let the eggs poach on a very low heat for about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and carefully transfer the eggs to a large bowl of cold water.
- Meanwhile, place the spinach, olive oil, and lemon juice in a nonstick pan and heat gently until the spinach is just wilted. Season to taste. To serve, place a slice of whole wheat toast on a warmed serving plate and top with the ham and spinach. Top each with a poached egg and spoon over the sauce. Serve immediately with vine-roasted plum tomatoes.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
This October enjoy a spooktacular $50 saving with Slimming World Online! Weight loss made easy for amazing life-long results! That means three months' personalized support starts at just $45. Success is right at your fingertips! Ends November 3
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.