Deluxe macaroni and cheese
At Slimming World you can still indulge in your favorite creamy pasta dishes like macaroni cheese. Completely cheesy, sensationally low-Syn.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 50 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- low-calorie cooking spray, such as PAM Olive Oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 4oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2oz sun-dried tomatoes
- 1½lb cooked pasta tubes or shapes
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
- 2 level tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup/280ml/½pt skim or 2% milk
- ½ cup/140g/5oz fat free plain yogurt
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of grated nutmeg
- 60g/2oz reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- Spray a large skillet with low-calorie cooking spray and cook the leeks, zucchini, and mushrooms over a low heat for 8–10 minutes, until softened. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and remove from the heat.
- Make the sauce. Blend the cornstarch with a little milk. Heat the remaining milk and bring to the boil. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook for 1–2 minutes, stirring until thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and beat in the yogurt, mustard, and nutmeg with a wooden spoon. Season to taste.
- Stir most of the grated cheese into the sauce, reserving a little for the topping. Put the vegetables and pasta into a heatproof dish and pour the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 360°F/180°C for 20–30 minutes, until crisp and golden. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Eat, enjoy and slim-down this Christmas! Join Slimming World Online and save $30! That means three months' personalized support starts at just $65. Success is right at your fingertips!(Ends December 30, 2014)
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.