Deluxe macaroni and cheese
At Slimming World you can still indulge in your favorite creamy pasta dishes like macaroni cheese. Completely cheesy, sensationally low-Syn.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 50 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- low-calorie cooking spray, such as PAM Olive Oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 4oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2oz sun-dried tomatoes
- 1½lb cooked pasta tubes or shapes
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
- 2 level tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup/280ml/½pt skim or 2% milk
- ½ cup/140g/5oz fat free plain yogurt
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of grated nutmeg
- 60g/2oz reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- Spray a large skillet with low-calorie cooking spray and cook the leeks, zucchini, and mushrooms over a low heat for 8–10 minutes, until softened. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and remove from the heat.
- Make the sauce. Blend the cornstarch with a little milk. Heat the remaining milk and bring to the boil. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook for 1–2 minutes, stirring until thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and beat in the yogurt, mustard, and nutmeg with a wooden spoon. Season to taste.
- Stir most of the grated cheese into the sauce, reserving a little for the topping. Put the vegetables and pasta into a heatproof dish and pour the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 360°F/180°C for 20–30 minutes, until crisp and golden. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Would you love...to see the pounds fall off before the leaves start to fall? ...to be wearing a smaller clothes size by Thanksgiving? Join today and save $65 on any package - three months' personalized support starts at just $30. Plus free Fast and Filling Family Food cook book with a gold membership package. (ends Sept 30)
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.