Deluxe macaroni & cheese
At Slimming World you can still indulge in your favorite creamy pasta dishes like mac & cheese. Completely cheesy, sensationally low-Syn!
- 1lb (16oz) dry penne or rigatoni
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1½ cups (4oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (2oz) sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1¼ cups skim milk
- ½ cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of grated nutmeg
- ½ cup (2oz) reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook the pasta following the package directions and drain. Meanwhile, spray a large skillet with low-calorie cooking spray and cook the leeks, zucchini, and mushrooms over low heat for 8–10 minutes, until softened. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and remove from the heat.
- Make the sauce. Blend the cornstarch with a little milk. Heat the remaining milk and bring to a boil. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook for 1–2 minutes, stirring until thickened.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the yogurt, mustard, and nutmeg with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir most of the grated cheese into the sauce, reserving a little for the topping. Put the vegetables and pasta into a heatproof dish and pour the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 20–30 minutes, until crisp and golden. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim your way through the holidays and start the New Year off right with our special savings! Join by January 17, 2016 and you’ll get $50 off the current membership price. That means 3 months of personalized weight loss support is yours for just $45. Plus, join with our Gold membership package and receive two free books!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.