Deluxe macaroni & cheese
At Slimming World you can still indulge in your favorite creamy pasta dishes like mac & cheese. Completely cheesy, sensationally low-Syn!
- 1lb (16oz) dry penne or rigatoni
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1½ cups (4oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (2oz) sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1¼ cups skim milk
- ½ cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of grated nutmeg
- ½ cup (2oz) reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook the pasta following the package directions and drain. Meanwhile, spray a large skillet with low-calorie cooking spray and cook the leeks, zucchini, and mushrooms over low heat for 8–10 minutes, until softened. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and remove from the heat.
- Make the sauce. Blend the cornstarch with a little milk. Heat the remaining milk and bring to a boil. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook for 1–2 minutes, stirring until thickened.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the yogurt, mustard, and nutmeg with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir most of the grated cheese into the sauce, reserving a little for the topping. Put the vegetables and pasta into a heatproof dish and pour the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 20–30 minutes, until crisp and golden. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Put a spring in your step on your weight loss journey with our special savings! Join by May 23, 2016 and you’ll get $50 off the current membership price. That means 3 months of personalized weight loss support is yours for just $45. Plus, join with our Gold membership package and receive two free books!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.