Spice up your life with this delicious casserole that's packed full of Deep South flavors. It's quick and easy to make and perfect for those who like it hot.
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 5 minutes plus standing time
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Ready in: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 tbsp Cajun spice mix
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2½ cups water or vegetable broth or stock
- 1 cup (7oz) dried basmati rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 turkey frankfurters
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Place the red onion, bell peppers, celery, garlic, Cajun spice mix, spices, tomatoes, water or broth, rice, bay leaf, and frankfurters in a large pot and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and bring back to a boil. Cover very tightly, reduce the heat to low, and cook gently for 12–15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, discard the bay leaf, and set aside to stand for 5–10 minutes. Before serving, fluff the rice with a fork, garnish with chopped parsley, and serve immediately.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
As the leaves drop this fall, you'll drop lbs, too, when you join by October 31, 2015 and save $50! That's 3 months of personalized weight loss support for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.