Spice up your life with this delicious casserole that's packed full of Deep South flavors. It's quick and easy to make and perfect for those who like it hot.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Cajun spice mix
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2½ cups/620ml/21fl oz water or vegetable bouillion
- 1 cup/200g/7oz dried basmati rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 turkey frankfurters
- freshly ground black pepper
- freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
- Place the red onion, bell peppers, celery, garlic, Cajun spice mix, spices, tomatoes, water or bouillion, rice, bay leaf, and frankfurters in a medium, heavy-based casserole dish and bring to the boil. Season well and bring back to the boil. Cover very tightly, reduce the heat to low, and cook gently for 12–15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, discard the bay leaf, and allow to stand for 5–10 minutes. Before serving, fluff up the rice with a fork, garnish with chopped parsley, and serve immediately.
Tip: Suitable for home-freezing.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Would you love...to see the pounds fall off before the leaves start to fall? ...to be wearing a smaller clothes size by Thanksgiving? Join today and save $65 on any package - three months' personalized support starts at just $30. Plus free Fast and Filling Family Food cook book with a gold membership package. (ends Sept 30)
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.