Spice up your life with this delicious casserole that's packed full of Deep South flavors. It's quick and easy to make and perfect for those who like it hot.
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 5 minutes plus standing time
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Ready in: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 tbsp Cajun spice mix
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2½ cups water or vegetable broth or stock
- 1 cup (7oz) dried basmati rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 turkey frankfurters
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Place the red onion, bell peppers, celery, garlic, Cajun spice mix, spices, tomatoes, water or broth, rice, bay leaf, and frankfurters in a large pot and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and bring back to a boil. Cover very tightly, reduce the heat to low, and cook gently for 12–15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, discard the bay leaf, and set aside to stand for 5–10 minutes. Before serving, fluff the rice with a fork, garnish with chopped parsley, and serve immediately.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Put a spring in your step on your weight loss journey with our special savings! Join by May 2, 2016 and you’ll get $50 off the current membership price. That means 3 months of personalized weight loss support is yours for just $45. Plus, join with our Gold membership package and receive two free books!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.