This British favorite has been given a Food Optimised make-over and tastes just fab. Serve with fresh, Superfree veggies for a delicious supper.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Total time: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 2lb/900g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- small handful of parsley, chopped
- 6 tbsp fat free plain yogurt
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1½ cups/7oz/200g fresh or frozen peas
- 1¾ cups/14oz/400g extra lean ground beef
- 1¾–2 cups/14oz/400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp concentrated beef bouillon
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg, beaten
- steamed broccoli and cauliflower, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Boil the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted water for 15–20 minutes or until tender. Drain, add the parsley and yogurt, mash until smooth and set aside.
- Spray another pan with low calorie cooking spray, add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and peas and fry for 5 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, concentrated bouillion, and oregano. Bring to a boil, remove from the heat and transfer to four individual baking dishes.
- Top each dish with the potato mixture and rough up with a fork. Brush with the beaten egg and bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden. Remove from the oven and serve with the steamed vegetables.
Tip: Suitable for home freezing.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Eat, enjoy and slim-down this Christmas! Join Slimming World Online and save $30! That means three months' personalized support starts at just $65. Success is right at your fingertips!(Ends December 30, 2014)
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.