This British favorite has been given a Food Optimised make-over and tastes just fab. Serve with fresh, Superfree veggies for a delicious supper.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Total time: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 2lb/900g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- small handful of parsley, chopped
- 6 tbsp fat free plain yogurt
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1½ cups/7oz/200g fresh or frozen peas
- 1¾ cups/14oz/400g extra lean ground beef
- 1¾–2 cups/14oz/400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp concentrated beef bouillon
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg, beaten
- steamed broccoli and cauliflower, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Boil the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted water for 15–20 minutes or until tender. Drain, add the parsley and yogurt, mash until smooth and set aside.
- Spray another pan with low calorie cooking spray, add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and peas and fry for 5 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, concentrated bouillion, and oregano. Bring to a boil, remove from the heat and transfer to four individual baking dishes.
- Top each dish with the potato mixture and rough up with a fork. Brush with the beaten egg and bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden. Remove from the oven and serve with the steamed vegetables.
Tip: Suitable for home freezing.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Make your New Year's resolutions come true with Slimming World Online. Join before February 1, 2015 and get $60 off - that's 3 months' personalized weight loss help for just $35. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.