Chocolate mint ice cream
For a sweet treat enjoy this homemade minty chocolate ice-cream which has a wonderfully rich flavor and a silky smooth texture.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 15 minutes, plus freezing
- Cook time:
- Total time: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 3 eggs*
- 4 level tbsp superfine sugar
- few drops of vanilla
- 2 level tbsp/30g/1oz dark chocolate chips
- 2 x 190g/7oz pots Dannon Light & Fit fat free vanilla yogurts
- ½ tsp peppermint flavoring
- few drops of green food coloring
- mint leaves, to decorate
- Separate the eggs, place the egg whites in a bowl, and whisk until stiff. Gradually fold in the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the vanilla. Using a metal spoon, fold in the egg white mixture. Add the chocolate chips and stir into the mixture, along with the yogurt, peppermint flavoring, and green food coloring.
- Place the mixture in a freezer-proof container and freeze for 2½-3 hours, beating the mixture with a fork every 30 minutes until firm.
- Remove from the freezer and keep at room temperature until soft enough to scoop. Divide between four individual serving bowls and serve decorated with mint leaves.
Tip: *Pregnant women, the elderly, and babies are advised not to eat raw eggs.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Your New Year's resolution can still come true... and you can easily be a clothes size or more slimmer by spring! Join before March 31, 2014 and get $30 off - that means 3 months' personalized weight loss help starts at just $65.
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.