Chocolate mint ice cream
For a sweet treat enjoy this homemade minty chocolate ice-cream which has a wonderfully rich flavor and a silky smooth texture.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 15 minutes, plus freezing
- Cook time:
- Total time: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 3 eggs*
- 4 level tbsp superfine sugar
- few drops of vanilla
- 2 level tbsp/30g/1oz dark chocolate chips
- 2 x 190g/7oz pots Dannon Light & Fit fat free vanilla yogurts
- ½ tsp peppermint flavoring
- few drops of green food coloring
- mint leaves, to decorate
- Separate the eggs, place the egg whites in a bowl, and whisk until stiff. Gradually fold in the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the vanilla. Using a metal spoon, fold in the egg white mixture. Add the chocolate chips and stir into the mixture, along with the yogurt, peppermint flavoring, and green food coloring.
- Place the mixture in a freezer-proof container and freeze for 2½-3 hours, beating the mixture with a fork every 30 minutes until firm.
- Remove from the freezer and keep at room temperature until soft enough to scoop. Divide between four individual serving bowls and serve decorated with mint leaves.
Tip: *Pregnant women, the elderly, and babies are advised not to eat raw eggs.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim-down through summer and save dollars too! Join Slimming World Online before July 31, 2013 and you'll save $50 on both our Gold and Silver packages. Sign up today - weight loss made easy for amazing life-long results!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.