Chocolate mint ice cream
For a sweet treat enjoy this homemade minty chocolate ice-cream which has a wonderfully rich flavor and a silky smooth texture.
- 3 eggs*
- 4 tbsp superfine sugar
- few drops of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 2 (7oz) Free vanilla yogurts
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- few drops of green food coloring
- mint leaves, to decorate
- Separate the eggs, place the egg whites in a bowl, and whisk until stiff. Gradually fold in the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the vanilla. Using a metal spoon, fold in the egg white mixture. Add the chocolate chips and stir into the mixture, along with the yogurt, peppermint flavoring, and green food coloring.
- Place the mixture in a freezer-proof container and freeze for 2½—3 hours, beating the mixture with a fork every 30 minutes until firm.
- Remove from the freezer and keep at room temperature until soft enough to scoop. Divide among four individual serving bowls and serve decorated with mint leaves.
Tip: *Pregnant women, the elderly, and babies are advised not to eat raw eggs.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Put a spring in your step on your weight loss journey with our special savings! Join by May 23, 2016 and you’ll get $50 off the current membership price. That means 3 months of personalized weight loss support is yours for just $45. Plus, join with our Gold membership package and receive two free books!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.