Chocolate mint ice cream
For a sweet treat enjoy this homemade minty chocolate ice-cream which has a wonderfully rich flavor and a silky smooth texture.
- 3 eggs*
- 4 tbsp superfine sugar
- few drops of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 2 (7oz) Free vanilla yogurts
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- few drops of green food coloring
- mint leaves, to decorate
- Separate the eggs, place the egg whites in a bowl, and whisk until stiff. Gradually fold in the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the vanilla. Using a metal spoon, fold in the egg white mixture. Add the chocolate chips and stir into the mixture, along with the yogurt, peppermint flavoring, and green food coloring.
- Place the mixture in a freezer-proof container and freeze for 2½—3 hours, beating the mixture with a fork every 30 minutes until firm.
- Remove from the freezer and keep at room temperature until soft enough to scoop. Divide among four individual serving bowls and serve decorated with mint leaves.
Tip: *Pregnant women, the elderly, and babies are advised not to eat raw eggs.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
As the leaves drop this fall, you'll drop lbs, too, when you join by October 31, 2015 and save $50! That's 3 months of personalized weight loss support for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.