Chocolate and apricot brownies
Rich and delectable, brownies must be one of our best-ever inventions. Here’s our own version, with nuggets of apricot for extra texture and flavor.
- ½ cup (4oz) low-fat spread, suitable for baking
- 1 cup (4oz) cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp sugar substitute
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (3½oz) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups (8oz) dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Line a 12 x 8in baking pan with nonstick parchment paper.
- Melt the low-fat spread in a pot on the stove, remove from heat, and stir in the cocoa powder, sugar substitute, and sugar. Add the eggs and whisk until combined.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and stir well. Mix in the apricots and vanilla extract, then pour into the prepared baking pan and bake for 18–20 minutes until just set (it will firm as it cools). While still warm, turn out onto a board and cut into 24 portions.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Put a spring in your step on your weight loss journey with our special savings! Join by May 2, 2016 and you’ll get $50 off the current membership price. That means 3 months of personalized weight loss support is yours for just $45. Plus, join with our Gold membership package and receive two free books!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.