A tasty chicken casserole to feed the family - serve with pasta or a big bowl of dry-roast potatoes.
- Serves: 6
- Prep. time:
- Cook time:
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- low-calorie cooking spray
- 8oz package mushrooms, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 7oz package fresh baby spinach
- 10¾oz can condensed fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3oz fat free Cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the noodles according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, bell pepper, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Combine the soup and 1 cup of water in a small bowl until blended.
- Add the soup, cooked chicken and drained noodles to the skillet and heat through.
- Spray a 1-quart baking dish with low-calorie cooking spray and spoon the mixture. Sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese.
- Bake, covered, for about 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the mixture is bubbling.
Tip: Thanks for this recipe to Darylnn Derr from Texas.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim-down through summer and save dollars too! Join Slimming World Online before July 31, 2014 and you'll save $50 on both our Gold and Silver packages. Sign up today - weight loss made easy for amazing life-long results!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.