A tasty chicken casserole to feed the family—serve with pasta or a big bowl of dry-roast potatoes. Thanks to member Darylnn Derr from Texas for the recipe!
- Serves: 6
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- Ready in: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 8oz dry egg noodles
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 3 cups (8oz) mushrooms, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 7 cups (7oz) fresh baby spinach
- 1 (10¾oz) can condensed fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups (10oz) chopped cooked chicken
- ¾ cup (3oz) fat free Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with low-calorie cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, bell pepper, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted, 2–3 minutes.
- Combine the soup and 1 cup of water in a small bowl until blended.
- Add the soup, cooked chicken and drained noodles to the skillet and heat through.
- Spray a 1-quart baking dish with low-calorie cooking spray and pour in the mixture. Sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese.
- Bake, covered, for about 20–25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the mixture is bubbling.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Put a spring in your step on your weight loss journey with our special savings! Join by March 1, 2016 and you’ll get $50 off the current membership price. That means 3 months of personalized weight loss support is yours for just $45. Plus, join with our Gold membership package and receive two free books!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.