A tasty chicken casserole to feed the family - serve with pasta or a big bowl of dry-roast potatoes.
- Serves: 6
- Prep. time:
- Cook time:
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- low-calorie cooking spray
- 8oz package mushrooms, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 7oz package fresh baby spinach
- 10¾oz can condensed fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3oz fat free Cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the noodles according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, bell pepper, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Combine the soup and 1 cup of water in a small bowl until blended.
- Add the soup, cooked chicken and drained noodles to the skillet and heat through.
- Spray a 1-quart baking dish with low-calorie cooking spray and spoon the mixture. Sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese.
- Bake, covered, for about 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the mixture is bubbling.
Tip: Thanks for this recipe to Darylnn Derr from Texas.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Would you love...to see the pounds fall off before the leaves start to fall? ...to be wearing a smaller clothes size by Thanksgiving? Join today and save $65 on any package - three months' personalized support starts at just $30. Plus free Fast and Filling Family Food cook book with a gold membership package. (ends Sept 30)
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.