A tasty chicken casserole to feed the family—serve with pasta or a big bowl of dry-roast potatoes. Thanks to member Darylnn Derr from Texas for the recipe!
- Serves: 6
- Prep. time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 2 cups (8oz) dry egg noodles
- low-calorie cooking spray
- 3 cups (8oz) mushrooms, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 7 cups (7oz) fresh baby spinach
- 1 (10¾oz) can condensed fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups (10oz) chopped cooked chicken
- ¾ cup (3oz) fat free Cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the noodles according to the package directions, drain and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with low-calorie cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, bell pepper, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Combine the soup and 1 cup of water in a small bowl until blended.
- Add the soup, cooked chicken and drained noodles to the skillet and heat through.
- Spray a 1-quart baking dish with low-calorie cooking spray and pour in the mixture. Sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese.
- Bake, covered, for about 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the mixture is bubbling.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim down through spring and save $$$s too with our special offer! Join before June 1, 2015 and get $50 off - that's 3 months' personalized weight loss help for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.