A tasty chicken casserole to feed the family—serve with pasta or a big bowl of dry-roast potatoes. Thanks to member Darylnn Derr from Texas for the recipe!
- Serves: 6
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- Ready in: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 8oz dry egg noodles
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 3 cups (8oz) mushrooms, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 7 cups (7oz) fresh baby spinach
- 1 (10¾oz) can condensed fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups (10oz) chopped cooked chicken
- ¾ cup (3oz) fat free Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with low-calorie cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, bell pepper, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted, 2–3 minutes.
- Combine the soup and 1 cup of water in a small bowl until blended.
- Add the soup, cooked chicken and drained noodles to the skillet and heat through.
- Spray a 1-quart baking dish with low-calorie cooking spray and pour in the mixture. Sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese.
- Bake, covered, for about 20–25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the mixture is bubbling.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
As the leaves drop this fall, you'll drop lbs, too, when you join by October 31, 2015 and save $50! That's 3 months of personalized weight loss support for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.