Cheat's Spanish omelet
This tasty vegetable omelet is packed full of flavor and delicious served hot, warm, or even cold. This Spanish lunchtime favorite makes perfect picnic food.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 1½ cup/340g/12oz frozen sliced mixed bell peppers
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 450g/1lb canned potatoes, drained
- low-calorie cooking spray, such as PAM Olive Oil
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- freshly ground black pepper
- large pinch of dried thyme
- freshly chopped chives and paprika, to garnish
- crisp green salad, to serve
- Heat a nonstick frying pan until hot and add the frozen bell peppers and onion. Stir-fry over a high heat for 4–5 minutes until the onion is tender and the peppers have thawed. Transfer to a heat-proof bowl.
- Slice the potatoes and toss into the bowl. Lightly spray a small nonstick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and heat until hot.
- Add the vegetables, lower the heat, and pour in the eggs. Season well and sprinkle in the thyme. Keep stirring the set egg from around the sides of the pan until it sets all over. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler to its highest setting. Place the pan under the broiler for 1–2 minutes until the top of the omelet is golden. Cut into wedges, sprinkle with chives and paprika, and serve with the green salad.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Don't miss our extra special Cyber Monday offer. You'll pay just $12.01 between 11/27 and 12/07 when you sign up to our Silver membership package. That's an awesome savings of $82.99 for 3 months of personalized weight loss support!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.