Cheat's Spanish omelet
This tasty vegetable omelet is packed full of flavor and delicious served hot or cold. This Spanish lunchtime favorite makes perfect lunch or picnic food.
- 1½ cups (12oz) sliced mixed bell peppers
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 (15oz) can potatoes, drained
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Large pinch of dried thyme
- Freshly chopped chives and paprika, for garnish
- Mixed green salad
- Spray a nonstick, oven-proof frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and heat until hot. Add the bell peppers and onion. Stir-fry over high heat for 4–5 minutes until the onion is tender. Transfer to a heat-proof bowl.
- Slice the potatoes and toss into the bowl. Lightly re-spray the nonstick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and reheat until hot.
- Add the vegetables, lower the heat, and pour in the eggs. Season well and sprinkle in the thyme. Keep loosening the set egg from around the sides of the pan until it sets all over. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler to high. Place the pan under the broiler for 1–2 minutes until the top of the omelet is golden. Cut into wedges, sprinkle with chives and paprika, and serve with the mixed green salad.
Tip: You can save some time by buying frozen sliced bell peppers and onions.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim down through spring and save $$$s too with our special offer! Join before June 1, 2015 and get $50 off - that's 3 months' personalized weight loss help for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.