You can have your (carrot) cake and eat it too, with this delicious dessert. It's packed full of fiber and has a subtle cinnamon spice.
- Serves: 7
- Prep. time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 40-45 mintues
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- ¾ cup/3½oz all purpose four
- 1 level tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅔ cup/5fl oz fat-free milk
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 large carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 6½–8 tbsp sugar substitute (to taste)
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- ¾ cup/6oz strained fat-free cottage cheese
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Sugar substitute, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line a medium nonstick loaf pan with parchment.
- Place the flour and baking soda in a bowl and add the eggs, milk, spices, carrots, sugar substitute, and orange zest. Mix well, then spoon into the prepared loaf pan. Bake in the oven for 40–45 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the topping. Place the cheese in a bowl and whisk in the vanilla extract and sugar substitute to taste to taste. Chill until needed.
- Once the cake has cooled, spread the cheese mixture over the top and serve cut into slices.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim-down through summer and save dollars too! Join Slimming World Online before July 31, 2014 and you'll save $50 on both our Gold and Silver packages. Sign up today - weight loss made easy for amazing life-long results!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.