You can have your (carrot) cake and eat it too, with this delicious dessert. It's packed full of fiber and has a subtle cinnamon spice.
- Serves: 7
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 40-45 mintues
- Ready in: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- ¾ cup (3½oz) all purpose flour
- 1 level tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅔ cup skim milk
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 6½–8 tbsp sugar substitute (to taste)
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- ¾ cup/6oz strained fat-free cottage cheese
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Sugar substitute, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line a medium nonstick loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place the flour and baking soda in a bowl and add the eggs, milk, spices, carrots, sugar substitute, and orange zest. Mix well, then spoon into the prepared loaf pan. Bake in the oven for 40–45 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the topping. Place the cheese in a bowl and whisk in the vanilla extract and sugar substitute to taste to taste. Chill until needed.
- Once the cake has cooled, spread the cheese mixture over the top and serve cut into slices.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Cool off your wallet and heat up your weight loss this summer with $50 off! Join by September 1, 2015 and get 3 months of personalized support for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.