Barbecue chicken and pepper fajitas
Packed full of colorful bell peppers and sweet and succulent chicken strips - these fajitas are hot, hot, hot!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 400g/14oz frozen chicken breast strips, defrosted (or pork/beef strips)
- 3 mixed bell peppers, deseeded and cut into strips 1cm/½ inch wide
- 1 zucchini, cut into strips 1cm/½ inch wide
- 3 scallions, peeled and each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head of lettuce, washed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Tip the defrosted meat into a bowl and add the bell pepper and zucchini strips with the scallion wedges. Sprinkle over the smoked paprika, mustard powder, and garlic powder and mix well. Leave to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a griddle or grill until very hot.
- Season and cook the meat and vegetables on the hot griddle in 3 batches, for 6–7 minutes, turning occasionally. If using a grill, spread the chicken and vegetables on a grill pan and cook for 8–10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Make a bed of lettuce with the washed leaves in a large shallow bowl and arrange the tomato wedges on top.
- Serve the meat strips and vegetables on top of the salad.
Tip: Another Free way to create delicious fajitas is to whisk a single egg and fry - like a crepe - in a skillet using low calorie cooking spray. The thin, cooked egg works just as well as a fajita and saves you loads of Syns!
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim-down through summer and save dollars too! Join Slimming World Online before July 31, 2014 and you'll save $50 on both our Gold and Silver packages. Sign up today - weight loss made easy for amazing life-long results!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.