Chicken and pepper fajitas
Packed full of colorful bell peppers and sweet and succulent chicken strips, these fajitas are hot, hot, hot!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 1lb chicken breast strips (or pork/beef strips)
- 3 mixed bell peppers, seeds removed and cut into strips ½ inch wide
- 1 zucchini, cut into ½ inch strips
- 3 scallions, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head of lettuce, washed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Place the meat in a bowl and add the bell pepper, zucchini strips and the scallions. Sprinkle with the smoked paprika, mustard powder, and garlic powder and mix well. Set aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a grill pan or frying pan until very hot.
- Season the meat and vegetables with salt and pepper to taste and cook on the hot grill pan in 3 batches, for 6–7 minutes, turning occasionally. If cooking on the grill, spread the chicken and vegetables on a grill pan and cook for 8–10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Make a bed of lettuce with the washed leaves in a large shallow bowl and arrange the tomato wedges on top.
- Serve the meat strips and vegetables on top of the salad.
Tip: Another Free way to create delicious fajitas is to whisk a single egg and fry, like a crepe, in a skillet using low-calorie cooking spray. The thin, cooked egg works just as well as a tortilla and saves you loads of Syns!
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim down through spring and save $$$s too with our special offer! Join before June 1, 2015 and get $50 off - that's 3 months' personalized weight loss help for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.