Barbecue chicken and pepper fajitas
Packed full of colorful bell peppers and sweet and succulent chicken strips - these fajitas are hot, hot, hot!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 400g/14oz frozen chicken breast strips, defrosted (or pork/beef strips)
- 3 mixed bell peppers, deseeded and cut into strips 1cm/½ inch wide
- 1 zucchini, cut into strips 1cm/½ inch wide
- 3 scallions, peeled and each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head of lettuce, washed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Tip the defrosted meat into a bowl and add the bell pepper and zucchini strips with the scallion wedges. Sprinkle over the smoked paprika, mustard powder, and garlic powder and mix well. Leave to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a griddle or grill until very hot.
- Season and cook the meat and vegetables on the hot griddle in 3 batches, for 6–7 minutes, turning occasionally. If using a grill, spread the chicken and vegetables on a grill pan and cook for 8–10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Make a bed of lettuce with the washed leaves in a large shallow bowl and arrange the tomato wedges on top.
- Serve the meat strips and vegetables on top of the salad.
Tip: Another Free way to create delicious fajitas is to whisk a single egg and fry - like a crepe - in a skillet using low calorie cooking spray. The thin, cooked egg works just as well as a fajita and saves you loads of Syns!
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Would you love...to see the pounds fall off before the leaves start to fall? ...to be wearing a smaller clothes size by Thanksgiving? Join today and save $65 on any package - three months' personalized support starts at just $30. Plus free Fast and Filling Family Food cook book with a gold membership package. (ends Sept 30)
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.