Chicken and pepper fajitas
Packed full of colorful bell peppers and sweet and succulent chicken strips, these fajitas are hot, hot, hot!
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Ready in: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 1lb chicken breast strips (or pork/beef strips)
- 3 mixed bell peppers, seeds removed and cut into strips ½ inch wide
- 1 zucchini, cut into ½ inch strips
- 3 scallions, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head of lettuce, washed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Place the meat in a bowl and add the bell pepper, zucchini strips and the scallions. Sprinkle with the smoked paprika, mustard powder, and garlic powder and mix well. Set aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a sauté or frying pan until very hot.
- Season the meat and vegetables with salt and pepper to taste and cook in the hot pan in 3 batches, for 6–7 minutes, turning occasionally. If cooking on the grill, spread the chicken and vegetables on a grill pan and cook for 8–10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Make a bed of lettuce with the washed leaves in a large shallow bowl and arrange the tomato wedges on top.
- Serve the meat strips and vegetables on top of the salad.
Tip: Another Free way to create delicious fajitas is to whisk a single egg and fry, like a crèpe, in a skillet using low-calorie cooking spray. The thin, cooked egg works just as well as a tortilla and saves you loads of Syns!
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim your way through the holidays and start the New Year off right with our special savings! Join by January 17, 2016 and you’ll get $50 off the current membership price. That means 3 months of personalized weight loss support is yours for just $45. Plus, join with our Gold membership package and receive two free books!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.