Great for hassle-free entertaining, this delicious banana-topped pie is flavored with a banana-cream-flavored filling and for extra indulgence is drizzled with melted chocolate.
- Serves: 8
- Prep. time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes, plus chilling
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 10 low fat honey graham crackers, finely crushed
- 3 medium egg whites
- 2 x 12g sachets powdered gelatin
- 250g/9oz strained fat free plain cottage cheese
- 600g/1lb 6oz Yoplait Light Fat Free Banana Cream Pie Yogurt
- 3-4 tbsp artificial sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 2 bananas
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Grease and line an 8-in/20-cm springform cake pan with parchment paper.
- Place the crushed graham crackers in a bowl. Lightly beat one of the egg whites until frothy and add to the bowl. Stir well, and then spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and press evenly over the bottom. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, and then set aside to cool.
- Dissolve the gelatin in 75ml/3fl oz of boiling water.
- Whisk the cottage cheese in a bowl until smooth. Stir in the yogurt, sweetener, and vanilla flavoring.
- Whisk the remaining egg whites until stiff, then fold into the soft cheese mixture, along with the gelatin liquid. Spoon over the prepared graham cracker base, smoothing the top with a palette knife or spatula, and chill for 4–5 hours, or until set.
- To serve, remove the pie from the pan and place on a serving plate. Slice the bananas and arrange neatly on top of the pie. Drizzle over some melted dark chocolate (1½ Syns per 1 teaspoon), if desired, and cut into wedges.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Would you love...to see the pounds fall off before the leaves start to fall? ...to be wearing a smaller clothes size by Thanksgiving? Join today and save $65 on any package - three months' personalized support starts at just $30. Plus free Fast and Filling Family Food cook book with a gold membership package. (ends Sept 30)
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.