Banana bread with chocolate sauce
Sumptuously low-Syn, no need to give up comforting sweet-treats when you’re Food Optimising. Serve a slice of this delicious loaf, drizzle with chocolate sauce and sit back and enjoy!
- Serves: 12
- Prep. time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 55 minutes
- Total time: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 1½ cups/340g/12oz all purpose flour
- ½ cup/140g/5oz soft brown sugar
- 110g/4oz fat free margarine
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup/60g/2oz Dannon Light & Fit vanilla yogurt
- 1 banana, plus a few slices to decorate
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- low-calorie cooking spray, such as PAM
- fat free plain yogurt sweetened with Splenda to decorate
- 30g/1oz dark chocolate, melted, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Sift the flour into a food processor, add the sugar, margarine, eggs, yogurt, banana, ground ginger, and cinnamon, and blend until smooth.
- Spray a 1-pound nonstick loaf tin with low-calorie cooking spray and spoon in the mixture. Level the top with the back of a spoon and bake for 55 minutes, or until cooked and golden brown. Leave the loaf to rest in the tin for 5–10 minutes, then remove and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Slice the loaf into 12, cut each slice in two, place on a small plate, and serve with the sweetened yogurt, banana slices, and melted chocolate.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Would you love...to see the pounds fall off before the leaves start to fall? ...to be wearing a smaller clothes size by Thanksgiving? Join today and save $65 on any package - three months' personalized support starts at just $30. Plus free Fast and Filling Family Food cook book with a gold membership package. (ends Sept 30)
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.