Banana bread with chocolate sauce
Sumptuously low-Syn, no need to give up comforting sweet-treats when you’re Food Optimising. Serve a slice of this delicious loaf, drizzle with chocolate sauce and sit back and enjoy!
- 1½ cups/340g/12oz all purpose flour
- ½ cup/140g/5oz soft brown sugar
- 110g/4oz fat free margarine
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup/60g/2oz Dannon Light & Fit vanilla yogurt
- 1 banana, plus a few slices to decorate
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- low-calorie cooking spray, such as PAM
- fat free plain yogurt sweetened with Splenda to decorate
- 30g/1oz dark chocolate, melted, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Sift the flour into a food processor, add the sugar, margarine, eggs, yogurt, banana, ground ginger, and cinnamon, and blend until smooth.
- Spray a 1-pound nonstick loaf tin with low-calorie cooking spray and spoon in the mixture. Level the top with the back of a spoon and bake for 55 minutes, or until cooked and golden brown. Leave the loaf to rest in the tin for 5–10 minutes, then remove and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Slice the loaf into 12, cut each slice in two, place on a small plate, and serve with the sweetened yogurt, banana slices, and melted chocolate.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim down through spring and save $$$s too with our special offer! Join before June 1, 2015 and get $50 off - that's 3 months' personalized weight loss help for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.