Baked potatoes with smoky bacon and tomato topping
Quick, easy and tasty! Beautiful baked potatoes topped with bacon and tomato...the whole family will love this healthy, anytime dish.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Total time: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 4 baking potatoes, scrubbed clean
- ½ cucumber, halved, seeds removed, and thinly sliced
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill
- freshly ground black pepper
- 14oz smoked Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups (8oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce or purée
- ½ level tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 level tbsp tomato paste
- 8 cups (8oz) spinach
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Prick the potatoes all over with a fork and place directly on the oven rack. Cook them for 1 hour.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the cucumber, sprinkle with the dill, season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well. Set aside.
- Fifteen minutes before the end of the potatoes’ cooking time, place the bacon and sliced onion in a large pan. Cook over high heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the halved cherry tomatoes and tomato sauce and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, and 6 tablespoons of cold water. Add it to the bacon and tomato mixture and cook for 30 seconds.
- Steam the spinach, or cook in the microwave, and drain.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and cut each one in half. Spoon the bacon and tomato mixture over the top and serve with the cucumber salad and the spinach on the side.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim down through spring and save $$$s too with our special offer! Join before June 1, 2015 and get $50 off - that's 3 months' personalized weight loss help for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.