Baked potatoes with smoky bacon and tomato topping
Quick, easy and really tasty! Beautiful baked potatoes topped with bacon and tomato... with no calorie counting or portion control! The whole family will love this healthy, anytime dish.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Total time: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 4 x 280g/10oz baking potatoes, scrubbed clean
- ½ cucumber, halved, deseeded, and thinly sliced
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill
- freshly ground black pepper
- 400g/14oz smoked Canadian bacon, trimmed of all visible fat and chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 255g/9oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp passata
- ½ level tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 level tbsp tomato purée
- 230g/8oz spinach
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF/200ºC. Prick the potatoes all over with a fork and place directly on the oven shelf. Cook them for 1 hour.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the cucumber and sprinkle with the dill and seasoning to taste and mix well. Set aside.
- Fifteen minutes before the end of the potatoes’ cooking time, place the bacon and sliced onion in a large pan. Cook over a high heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the halved cherry tomatoes and passata and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, tomato purée, and 6 tablespoons of cold water. Add it to the bacon and tomato mixture and cook for 30 seconds.
- Steam the spinach, or cook in the microwave, and drain.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and cut each one in half. Spoon the bacon and tomato mixture over the top and serve with the cucumber salad and a portion of spinach on the side.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Eat, enjoy and slim-down this fall! Join Slimming World Online and save $30! That means three months' personalized support starts at just $65. Success is right at your fingertips!(Ends November 26, 2014)
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.