Bacon burger with BBQ relish
At Slimming World you can eat and enjoy real food - like this flamegrilled burger and home-made French fries - and still lose weight!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 10 minutes, plus chilling
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 1 bunch scallions, finely sliced
- 450g/1lb extra-lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices Canadian bacon, all visible fat removed
- lettuce leaves
For the relish
- ½ small red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp barbecue seasoning or dry barbecue rub
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- Place the scallions in a bowl with the beef, parsley, and seasoning. Combine with your hands and shape into 4 burgers about 4 in/10cm in diameter. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Make the relish by placing all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and then cover and chill until required.
- Place the burgers under a medium-hot grill for 6–7 minutes on each side until cooked through. Add the bacon for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Layer lettuce leaves, bacon, burger, and relish in a 2-oz/60-g whole wheat bun (Healthy Extra or 6 Syns each), if desired, and serve immediately.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Make your New Year's resolutions come true with Slimming World Online. Join before February 1, 2015 and get $60 off - that's 3 months' personalized weight loss help for just $35. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.