Bacon burger with BBQ relish
At Slimming World you can eat and enjoy real food - like this flamegrilled burger and home-made French fries - and still lose weight!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 10 minutes, plus chilling
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 1 bunch scallions, finely sliced
- 450g/1lb extra-lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices Canadian bacon, all visible fat removed
- lettuce leaves
For the relish
- ½ small red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp barbecue seasoning or dry barbecue rub
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- Place the scallions in a bowl with the beef, parsley, and seasoning. Combine with your hands and shape into 4 burgers about 4 in/10cm in diameter. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Make the relish by placing all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and then cover and chill until required.
- Place the burgers under a medium-hot grill for 6–7 minutes on each side until cooked through. Add the bacon for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Layer lettuce leaves, bacon, burger, and relish in a 2-oz/60-g whole wheat bun (Healthy Extra or 6 Syns each), if desired, and serve immediately.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Would you love...to see the pounds fall off before the leaves start to fall? ...to be wearing a smaller clothes size by Thanksgiving? Join today and save $65 on any package - three months' personalized support starts at just $30. Plus free Fast and Filling Family Food cook book with a gold membership package. (ends Sept 30)
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.