Bacon burger with BBQ relish
At Slimming World you can eat and enjoy real food - like this flamegrilled burger and home-made French fries - and still lose weight!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 10 minutes, plus chilling
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 1 bunch scallions, finely sliced
- 450g/1lb extra-lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices Canadian bacon, all visible fat removed
- lettuce leaves
For the relish
- ½ small red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp barbecue seasoning or dry barbecue rub
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- Place the scallions in a bowl with the beef, parsley, and seasoning. Combine with your hands and shape into 4 burgers about 4 in/10cm in diameter. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Make the relish by placing all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and then cover and chill until required.
- Place the burgers under a medium-hot grill for 6–7 minutes on each side until cooked through. Add the bacon for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Layer lettuce leaves, bacon, burger, and relish in a 2-oz/60-g whole wheat bun (Healthy Extra or 6 Syns each), if desired, and serve immediately.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Eat, enjoy and slim-down this Christmas! Join Slimming World Online and save $30! That means three months' personalized support starts at just $65. Success is right at your fingertips!(Ends December 30, 2014)
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.