Hot rum banana flambe
Baking bananas brings out their sweet flavor, and hot rum enhances this to delicious effect. Finish with a dusting of cinnamon for an easy, aromatic dessert and serve with a cooling swirl of yogurt.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp dark rum
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, to dust
- 1 tsp powdered sugar, to dust
- 1 cup (8oz) fat-free plain yogurt
- Lime wedges
- Preheat the broiler to high. Peel the bananas and cut them into 2½in diagonal slices. Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil and place the banana slices in the pan.
- Sprinkle the banana slices with the brown sugar and lime juice and cook under the hot broiler for 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown and the sugar is melted and bubbling.
- Transfer the bananas to 4 individual serving plates. Pour the rum into a warmed, large metal ladle. Set the rum on fire and pour the flaming rum over the hot grilled bananas.
- Sprinkle with the lime zest and dust the bananas with the cinnamon and powdered sugar. Serve immediately with fat-free yogurt and lime wedges on the side.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim down through spring and save $$$s too with our special offer! Join before June 1, 2015 and get $50 off - that's 3 months' personalized weight loss help for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.