Hot rum banana flambe
Baking bananas brings out their sweet flavor, and hot rum enhances this to delicious effect. Finish with a dusting of cinnamon for an easy, aromatic dessert and serve with a cooling swirl of yogurt.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp dark rum
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, to dust
- 1 tsp powdered sugar, to dust
- 1 cup (8oz) fat-free plain yogurt
- Lime wedges
- Preheat the broiler to high. Peel the bananas and cut them into 2½in diagonal slices. Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil and place the banana slices in the pan.
- Sprinkle the banana slices with the brown sugar and lime juice and cook under the hot broiler for 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown and the sugar is melted and bubbling.
- Transfer the bananas to 4 individual serving plates. Pour the rum into a warmed, large metal ladle. Set the rum on fire and pour the flaming rum over the hot grilled bananas.
- Sprinkle with the lime zest and dust the bananas with the cinnamon and powdered sugar. Serve immediately with fat-free yogurt and lime wedges on the side.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim your way through the holidays and start the New Year off right with our special savings! Join by January 17, 2016 and you’ll get $50 off the current membership price. That means 3 months of personalized weight loss support is yours for just $45. Plus, join with our Gold membership package and receive two free books!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.