Hot rum banana flambe
Grilling bananas brings out their sweet flavor, and hot rum enhances this to delicious effect. Finish with a dusting of cinnamon for an easy, aromatic dessert and serve with a cooling swirl of yogurt.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 level tbsp light soft brown sugar
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp dark rum
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, to dust
- 1 level tsp powdered (confectioner's) sugar, to dust
- 7oz fat free plain yogurt, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat the broiler to high. Peel the bananas and cut them into 2.5in diagonal slices. Line a pan with foil and place the banana slices in the pan.
- Sprinkle the banana slices with the brown sugar and lime juice and cook under the hot broiler for 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown and the sugar is melted and bubbling.
- Meanwhile pour the rum into a warmed, large metal ladle. Transfer the bananas to a warmed serving plate. Set the rum alight and pour the flaming rum over the hot grilled bananas.
- Scatter over the lime zest and dust the bananas with the cinnamon and powdered sugar. Serve immediately with fat free yogurt and lime wedges on the side.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Would you love...to see the pounds fall off before the leaves start to fall? ...to be wearing a smaller clothes size by Thanksgiving? Join today and save $65 on both our Gold & Silver packages - that means three months' personalized support starts at just $30 total. Plus free Fast and Filling Family Food cook book with a gold membership package. (ends Sept 30)
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.