Chicken Caesar salad with croutons
Turn the classic Caesar salad into a healthy, hearty meal with slices of bacon, chicken, eggs and crunchy croutons.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: Ready in about 20 minutes
- Cook time:
- Total time: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 2oz wholewheat bread
- 2 romaine lettuces
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of chopped lean ham or Canadian bacon
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- PAM spray oil
- 14oz skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 4 eggs
- 7fl oz Light Caesar salad dressing
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F and prepare your ingredients: cut the bread in to 1/2 in/1 cm cubes; tear up the lettuce leaves; halve the cherry tomatoes; remove any fat from the bacon.
- Put the bread in a bowl and sprinkle over the garlic salt and dried herbs. Spray with PAM and toss to coat evenly. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the chicken on the barbecue for 10-12 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Hard-boil the eggs (this will take about 7-8 minutes) and cool by running under cold water. Cook the bacon for 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked. Cut the bacon into bite-size pieces and shred the chicken. Shell and halve the eggs.
- Put the lettuce in a large bowl with the tomatoes, bacon and chicken. Toss to mix and top with the eggs and croutons. Drizzle over the Caesar dressing and season to taste.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Join before June 2, 2014 and get $30 off - that means 3 months' personalized weight loss help starts at just $65. Plus join with our Gold package and get a free Fast & Filling Family Feasts cookbook.
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.