Chicken Caesar salad with croutons
Turn the classic Caesar salad into a healthy, hearty meal with slices of ham, chicken, eggs and crunchy croutons.
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Ready in: Less than 30 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 2oz whole-wheat bread
- 2 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup (5oz) chopped lean ham
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1lb skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup (6fl oz) Light Caesar salad dressing
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and prepare your ingredients: cut the bread in to ½in cubes; tear up the lettuce leaves; halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Place the chicken on a roasting pan and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Put the bread in a bowl and sprinkle over the garlic salt and dried herbs. Spray with low-calorie cooking spray and toss to coat evenly. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10–12 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Hard-boil the eggs (this will take about 7–8 minutes) and cool by running under cold water. Shred the chicken. Peel and halve the eggs.
- Put the lettuce in a large bowl with the tomatoes, ham and chicken. Toss to mix and top with the eggs and croutons. Drizzle the Caesar dressing over the top and season with salt and pepper to taste.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
As the leaves drop this fall, you'll drop lbs, too, when you join by October 31, 2015 and save $50! That's 3 months of personalized weight loss support for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.