Calling all lasagna lovers—this is the recipe for you! Who knew you could enjoy this family favorite for a fraction of the Syns? Slimming really is this delicious!
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 45–55 minutes
- Ready in: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 1lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes with herbs
- 1 (15oz) can tomato sauce with herbs and garlic
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 12 dry lasagna noodles
For the white sauce (dairy)
- 2 cups (1lb) fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan
- A pinch of nutmeg
For the white sauce (non dairy)
- 2 (12oz) blocks of extra firm silken tofu (not drained)
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Place a large, nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the ground beef, bell pepper, zucchini, onion and garlic and stir-fry for 6–8 minutes. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, and dried herbs, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 12–15 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile mix together the 'white sauce' ingredients. If making the non-dairy version, mash the ingredients until they have a ricotta cheese consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a medium-sized lasagna dish with low-calorie cooking spray. Spoon half the meat mixture into the base and top with half of the lasagna noodles. Spread with half of the white sauce mixture and top with the remaining meat mixture. Top with the remaining lasagna noodles and spread with the remaining white sauce. Sprinkle with the Parmesan if you're using it.
- Bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes or until the top is golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with a mixed salad.
Tip: If you're creating the non-dairy version, this meal is just ½ Syn per portion.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Put a spring in your step on your weight loss journey with our special savings! Join by May 23, 2016 and you’ll get $50 off the current membership price. That means 3 months of personalized weight loss support is yours for just $45. Plus, join with our Gold membership package and receive two free books!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.