Calling all lasagna lovers, this is the recipe for you! Who knew you could enjoy this firm family favorite for a fraction of the Syns. Slimming really is this delicious!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time:
- Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 14oz extra lean ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 zucchini, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 14oz can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 14oz tomato paste with herbs and garlic
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- low calorie cooking spray
- 12 dried lasagna sheets
For the white sauce (dairy)
- 2 cups/1lb 2oz fat free plain yogurt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 level tbsp grated Parmesan
- a pinch of nutmeg
For the white sauce (non dairy)
- 2 x 12oz blocks of extra firm silken tofu (not drained)
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- salt to taste
- a pinch of nutmeg
- Place a large, nonstick skillet over a high heat. Add the ground beef, bell pepper, zucchini, onion and garlic and stir-fry for 6-8 minutes. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, and dried herbs, season well and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile mix together the 'white sauce' ingredients. If making the non-dairy version, mash the ingredients until they have a ricotta cheese consistency. Season well.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Spray a medium-sized lasagna dish with low calorie cooking spray. Spoon half the meat mixture into the base and top with half of the lasagna sheets. Spread over half of the white sauce mixture and top with the remaining meat mixture. Top with the remaining lasagna sheets, spread over the remaining white sauce. Sprinkle over the Parmesan if you''re using it.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with the mixed salad.
Tip: Suitable for home-freezing.
If you''''''''re creating the non-dairy version, this meal is just ½ Syn per portion.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Eat, enjoy and slim-down this Christmas! Join Slimming World Online and save $30! That means three months' personalized support starts at just $65. Success is right at your fingertips!(Ends December 30, 2014)
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.