BBQ pulled pork
Bring your party to life with this melt-in-your-mouth pulled pork—smokin' hot and delicious!
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 4–5 hours
- Ready in: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 2lbs boneless pork roast
- 1 (28oz) can tomato purée (sauce)
- 5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp sugar substitute
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. In a small bowl, mix the tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, and sugar substitute and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a small saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, trim and remove all visible fat from the pork and sear all sides in a hot skillet sprayed with low-calorie cooking spray. Transfer to a roasting pan lined with aluminum foil and pour the sauce over the pork, making sure all the meat is covered. Cover with the foil and bake on for 4-5 hours.
- Remove the pork from the oven and place on a cutting board. Set the meat aside to cool for approximately 15 minutes, then shred into bite-sized pieces using two forks.
Tip: Chef's tip: Serve with homemade coleslaw and Slimming World-style sweet potato fries. If you'd like to make it a sandwich, a 2 oz whole wheat roll counts as a Healthy Extra "b" choice.
If you're enjoying a Food Optimizing SP day, serve this with at least half a plate of Speed vegetables or a large garden salad.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Cool off your wallet and heat up your weight loss this summer with $50 off! Join by September 1, 2015 and get 3 months of personalized support for just $45. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive TWO FREE BOOKS!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.