BBQ pulled pork
Bring your party to life with this melt-in-your-mouth pulled pork—smokin' hot and delicious!
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 4–5 hours
- Ready in: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 2lbs boneless pork roast
- 1 (28oz) can tomato purée (sauce)
- 5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp sugar substitute
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. In a small bowl, mix the tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, and sugar substitute and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a small saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, trim and remove all visible fat from the pork and sear all sides in a hot skillet sprayed with low-calorie cooking spray. Transfer to a roasting pan lined with aluminum foil and pour the sauce over the pork, making sure all the meat is covered. Cover with the foil and bake on for 4-5 hours.
- Remove the pork from the oven and place on a cutting board. Set the meat aside to cool for approximately 15 minutes, then shred into bite-sized pieces using two forks.
Tip: Chef's tip: Serve with homemade coleslaw and Slimming World-style sweet potato fries. If you'd like to make it a sandwich, a 2 oz whole wheat roll counts as a Healthy Extra "b" choice.
If you're enjoying a Food Optimizing SP day, serve this with at least half a plate of Speed vegetables or a large garden salad.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Slim your way through the holidays and start the New Year off right with our special savings! Join by January 17, 2016 and you’ll get $50 off the current membership price. That means 3 months of personalized weight loss support is yours for just $45. Plus, join with our Gold membership package and receive two free books!
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.