BBQ pulled pork
Bring your party to life with these melt-in-the-mouth pork subs - smokin' hot and delicious!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time:
- Cook time:
- Total time: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 2 pounds boneless pork roast
- 1- 24 oz can tomato puree
- 5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp Splenda
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, Splenda and seasoning. Transfer to a small pan and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, trim and remove all visible fat from the pork and sear all sides in a hot skillet sprayed with low calorie cooking spray like PAM. Transfer to a roasting tin lined with aluminium foil and pour the sauce over the pork making sure all the meat is covered. Cover with the foil and bake on 320°F for 4-5 hours.
- Remove the pork from the oven and place on a cutting board. Allow the meat to cool for approximately 15 minutes, then shred into bite-sized pieces using two forks.
Tip: Chef''s tip: Serve with homemade coleslaw and Slimming World-style sweet potato chips in 2oz whole wheat buns.
You'll discover 100's more recipes with Slimming World Online!
Your New Year's resolution can still come true... and you can easily be a clothes size or more slimmer by spring! Join before March 31, 2014 and get $30 off - that means 3 months' personalized weight loss help starts at just $65.
Visit www.slimmingworldusa.com/online to get started today.