Have a Slimming World Friendsgiving
Today is National Eat with Friends Day, and we can't think of a better excuse to get together with friends for a "Friendsgiving" dinner.
Slimming World's healthy eating plan is so generous and flexibile that members have no trouble eating with friends and family. That's one of the many reasons it's so easy to stick with Slimming World—our plan is designed for realistic, everyday enjoyment of delicious food with others, rather than cooking and eating separate diet meals.
Whether you're planning a full-on Thanksgiving feast with your friends, complete with a roast turkey, or you'll be enjoying a more casual menu, you're sure to find plenty of healthy recipes for your gathering in our recipes collection.
You can discover more about Slimming World's healthy eating plan here. Happy eating with friends day!
Lighter pumpkin pie
If you're planning a traditional pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving dessert and want to keep your weight loss on track, we've got a lighter pumpkin pie recipe your whole gathering will love.
A few simple swaps make this pumpkin pie better for our waistlines and just as delicious as the regular version. In fact, this entire pie is lighter than one slice of the regular kind!
Here's our recipe for pumpkin pie. We've changed sugar for sweetener and skipped the crust to leave more room for the deliciously spiced, silky smooth filling. A dollop of whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon is all that's needed to serve and enjoy.
If you're feeling thankful for this pumpkin pie recipe that won't wreck your weight loss, taste a week of slimming for yourself with our free 7 day menu plan!
Enjoy a Thanksgiving dinner while slimming
Thanksgiving might seem like the least likely holiday for losing weight, but with Slimming World, you're in control of what you'd like to enjoy and what kind of weight loss you'd love to see the following week.
Most members choose one of these three approaches:
- Enjoying a slimming turkey dinner. Because Slimming World encourages members to load up on lean meat and vegetables—foods which can be eaten freely—a huge plate (with seconds!) of sliced turkey with veggie sides can be amazingly on-plan. As a member you'll get great ideas for lighter versions of your rich favorites, so you can enjoy all the traditional turkey dishes and keep your weight loss on track.
- A full blown, no-holds-barred day of festivities. You may find you don’t have a weight loss this week, or may even gain a few extra lbs, but providing you’re OK with that, it’s absolutely not a problem. Getting back on plan straight after Thanksgiving will mean the extra weight is lost.
- You might also want a middle ground, which means sticking to the basics of Slimming World and allowing yourself more of the richer dishes than you'd have on a normal day. As above, you may not lose as much weight as you'd like that week, but you'll still have that sense of confidence and control.
As a Slimming World member, it's totally up to you which approach you'd like! This is what makes Slimming World different from every other "diet", and as a member you'll get hundreds of supportive, motivating features, recipes and ideas to help you stay on your weight loss track.
Find out how you can join Slimming World today!
Happy Thanksgiving from the Slimming World family to you and yours!
Quit smoking on The Great American Smokeout
Quitting smoking and getting to a healthy weight are two life changes that need lots of caring support along the way. If you've decided to stub out for good for The Great American Smokeout on Thursday, November 19, Slimming World can help you get to the healthy weight and lifestyle you want.
A huge battle of quitting smoking is what to do when a craving strikes. Slimming World's eating plan, called Food Optimizing, has tons of foods we call Free Foods—these foods can be eaten freely, any time of day, and are perfect to reach for to satisfy a craving. Free Foods are fruit and vegetables, and also lean meat, pasta, rice, potatoes and more...there's so much to choose from!
Slimming World's caring and supportive approach to weight loss will also help you stop smoking. Fellow members will also inspire and support you every step of the way.
If you're quitting smoking, you don't have to do it alone. Join Slimming World for amazing support and the tools you need to achieve your healthy weight for life!
Fast food favorites made healthy
There’s no doubt that fast food is easy and delicious—but many fast foods aren’t so great for our health and weight loss.
You can still enjoy fast food with Slimming World—absolutely no food is banned! However, many members have found that cooking their own versions satisfies the fast food craving and keeps weight losses beautifully on track. We’ve given burgers, fried chicken, Chinese and more a Slimming World makeover—making your own fast food has never been healthier or tastier!
- Burger in a bowl – complete with a “special sauce”, you won’t miss the drive-thru!
- Pork pad thai – this classic Thai dish is superquick to make at home and full of fresh color and flavors.
- Shrimp fried rice – shrimp and veggies take a speedy spin in a hot wok—that's dinner, done!
- Spiced chicken – our take on fried chicken is irresistibly crunchy and spicy.
- Taco soup – instead of Mexican from the drive-thru, grab a few things from the pantry to throw togethet this quick, easy and delicious soup.
You’ll get tons more ideas and recipes for fast food makeovers—and so much more!—when you join Slimming World. Discover more about our healthy eating plan here.