There's still time to join with our special New Year's offer!
There’s still time to make your New Year's resolutions come true this year, with Slimming World Online. Join before February 1, 2015 and get $60 off—that means 3 months of personalized weight loss support starts at just $35. PLUS join with our Gold membership package and receive two free cookbooks!
As a member you’ll have access to the secret of Food Optimizing, which shows you how to shop, cook and eat real food from the grocery store for stunning weight-losses. On top of that you'll also get...
- hundreds of delicious recipes and meal ideas
- create your own daily menus in a moment!
- dairy-free, gluten-free, vegetarian—whatever your dietary need or preference, our Food Optimizing plan will fit perfectly!
- you set your own personal weight loss target—we’ll help you get there!
- keep track if you'd like, with an easy-to-use food diary
- get active for life at your own pace with our activity program, fun challenges, and motivating goals to aim for
- enter your weight once a week in the privacy of your own home, and celebrate every 5 lbs you lose!
- overcome difficult weeks with motivation and support
- 24/7, world-wide access to hundreds of features—for hints, tips and support when you need them most!
Join today for a lighter, fuller 2015—together we can do it!
5 small changes that can make a big difference to your weight
A magic wand, an enchanted pill, a supernatural force to make our appetite mysteriously disappear! All easy ways to lose weight… and all as likely as finding that elusive pot of gold at the end of a rainbow!
The way to lose weight that's just as magic and in our hands: Slimming World! Delicious food is always on the menu (oh, yes, we love our food at Slimming World!). There isn’t a single food you can’t enjoy, or a food group you have to avoid. Enjoy steaks, spaghetti Bolognese, chocolate cheesecake, mac & cheese—the list goes on!
These small changes offer a glimpse of the secrets to Food Optimizing, which shows members how to cook, shop and eat real food from the grocery store for stunning, lifelong weight loss success!
- Build meals around satisfying, low energy-dense foods such as fruit and veggies, pasta, rice, potatoes, beans, eggs, fish, poultry and lean meat. These foods are naturally low in calories, satisfy your appetite and keep you fuller for longer.
- Choose whole fruits ahead of juice—they will fill you up and you won’t overload on the natural sugars found in fruit. it’s difficult to eat 8-10 oranges or apples at once, but that’s usually how much fruit goes into one glass of juice.
- Where it makes sense, fill a third of your plate with fruit or veggies. Both are low in energy density and full of natural vitamins and minerals, so as well as helping you to feel full without taking in a lot of calories, you’ll be getting all the nutrients you need.
- Take a time out from takeouts and cook your own fab versions of your favorite dishes! You’ll save $’s as well as lbs and tighten your belt in more ways than one! Burger and fries, kung pao chicken, tacos—they're all on the menu at Slimming World.
- Join Slimming World Online! Your fellow members will boost your weight loss when you’re doing well, and pick you up if you have a difficult week. It’s great fun and you’ll hear lots more tips and ideas for recipes, budget-busting shopping tips and how fellow members are managing their weight and improving the health of their families!
Slim and enjoy on National Pie Day
Sweet or savory, crust or no crust, we’ve all got our favorite type of pie, and today, National Pie Day, is the perfect time to enjoy it. Here at Slimming World we’ll be joining in the baking as we enjoy delicious, slimming versions of our favorites. Here are our top five pies…
- Banoffee pie: Great for hassle-free entertaining, this delicious banana-topped pie is flavored with a banana-cream-flavored filling and, for extra indulgence, is drizzled with melted chocolate.
- Key lime pie: A delightfully indulgent dessert that you can make ahead—a perfect way to round off a special meal.
- Lemon meringue pie: Everyone loves lemon meringue pie: the marshmallow-like topping is a wonderful contrast to the crisp pastry case and tangy citrus filling. No wonder it’s a favorite!
- Cherry and cinnamon puff pies: Sweet, plump cherries topped with rich, crisp pastry—heaven!
- Cottage pie: This British favorite has been given a Food Optimizing makeover and is a perfect cold-weather dinner, served with fresh, Superfree veggies.
If this sounds like your pie-deal way to lose weight, find out more about our generous healthy eating plan.
Give your health a super-boost this winter
Food Optimizing is the ultimate healthy eating plan; it’s the easiest, most flexible, most generous weight loss plan you'll ever find. Based on healthy, inexpensive, basic foods, including vegetables, fruit, lean meat and complex carbohydrates, it's ideal for every taste, culture and pocket… and it can give your health a super-boost!
Food Optimizing boasts a HUGE list of healthy, everyday foods that don’t need weighing, counting or measuring, and can be enjoyed in unlimited quantities. These foods are great-tasting, appetite-satisfying and health-giving. They include:
- Steak – as well as being a good protein-provider, beef contains most of the nutrients our body needs and is a particularly good source of iron and zinc. It helps increase dopamine levels and mental alertness.
- Oily fish – provides calcium, iron (which prevents anaemia), and zinc (essential for healthy skin, the immune system and the reproductive system). Oily fish are also a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, important for a healthy heart and circulation.
- Green leafy vegetables – such as cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli and Brussels sprouts – are a good source of vitamin C and beta carotene, which is vital for a healthy immune system. And they contain folic acid and iron, important for healthy blood.
- Cannellini beans – providing lots of filling fiber and B vitamins important for energy release, cannellini beans help to keep hunger pangs away for longer because they release energy slowly.
- Citrus fruit – oranges, grapefruit and clementines are packed with vitamin C, which prevents inflammation, and has lots of dietary fiber to fill you up and can help lower cholesterol.
If this health-giving, tasty and generous way of eating sounds like your cup of tea, try our free 7-day menu here and see the fab results for yourself!
3 top diet myths, busted
There are more myths about dieting than any other subject. The more plausible ones can confuse even the most slimming-savvy, sabotaging our weight-loss efforts and denting our confidence. We set the record straight, once and for all!
The myth: Diets only work short-term and you always put weight back on again.
The truth: If you’re talking about "diets" in the sense of faddy, restrictive, short-term "quick fixes", then this is true—as soon as you go back to your "usual" way of eating, you’ll gain weight again.
Food Optimizing isn’t a diet—it’s a healthy way of eating for life. At Slimming World, you learn a new, balanced, delicious and satisfying way of eating for you and the whole family, and create healthy-eating habits you can easily sustain for ever. Plus nothing's banned, so you won't experience those feelings of deprivation or restriction.
The myth: Small portions are the key to losing weight.
The truth: If we’ve got weight to lose, chances are it’s because we love our food. And tiny portions just won't do!
We now know that it’s not the size of your portion that counts—it’s the kind of food on your plate. The latest research into healthy eating shows that it’s possible to eat satisfying, filling meals and still lose weight by choosing foods that are low in energy density.
Slimming World’s Food Optimizing plan is based on the science of energy density, the amount of energy (or calories) per gram of food. Lower energy density foods, like fruit and veggies, lean meat, rice and pasta, provide less energy per gram, which means we can eat more of them while consuming fewer calories. which is why you can fill your plate with these "Free Foods", eat generous portions, feel full and still see results on the scales every week.
The myth: Healthy eating is expensive.
The truth: While it’s true that a cart full of fruit and vegetables, along with fresh meat and fish, may cost more at the checkout than one full of on-sale, processed foods, Slimming World members tend to find that although they may be spending more, the savings they make by cutting down on takeaways and processed foods mean their food bills come to less overall.
Don’t let diet rumours sabotage your weight loss. Slimming World’s Food Optimizing plan is a healthy eating plan like no other—generous, filling, tasty, full of variety and, best of all, good for you! Try our free 7-day menu and see the results for yourself!