Super Bowl Sunday—Slimming World style!
Whichever team you’re backing this year and wherever you’re watching the game, with Slimming World the Super Bowl won't sideline your weight loss success.
Super Bowl Sunday is widely considered to be the second biggest food fest after Thanksgiving. It can be a challenge to keep our weight loss wishes in mind when the grocery store is packed with chips, candy, beer, and much, much more!
Rest assured, Slimming World is packed with Super Bowl snack and meal ideas to keep your weight loss on track!
How about these big game snacks?
If these recipes sound good, you'll love even more of what we have for members at Slimming World ! Tons of recipes and meal ideas, inspiring tips, endless support every step of the way...you'll get all that and much more, for just $35 for 3 months!
Be good to your heart with Slimming World
February is American Heart Month—the perfect time to let you know how Slimming World can help you get your heart healthy.
According to the CDC, cardiovascular disease is the number one killer of men and women in the US. Nearly 200,000 heart-related deaths per year can be prevented with changes towards healthy habits.
Getting down to a healthy weight range can reduce your risk of a heart attack, and losing just 10% of your body weight starts to bring fabulous health benefits and can significantly reduce blood pressure, cholesterol and risk of heart disease. Joining Slimming World is a wonderful first step towards achieving a healthy weight and reducing that risk.
Michael Thompson-Irwin was overweight and at just 27 years old, suffered multiple heart attacks.
I wasn't even 30 and I was so overweight and inactive, with type 2 diabetes and such high cholesterol, that my chances of surviving another heart attack were slim.
Michael joined Slimming World and discovered a whole world of healthy eating, support and information about how to get his life back on track. Read all about Michael’s inspiring journey.
If you'd like to improve your health with a safe, easy, filling, delicious, and evidence-based eating plan, look no further than Slimming World and get your weight loss off to a flying start!
Heathy habits are easier to adopt as a couple
Researchers at the University College London discovered that people who aim to eat healthier, lose weight or go to the gym are more successful if they've got a partner joining them.
We at Slimming World are strong believers in the power of support when you're on your journey to a lighter, healthier life—that's what makes Slimming World so amazingly different! When you join Slimming World, you're also joining a warm, friendly bunch of fellow slimmers who are right there with you, and will support (and be supported by) you every step of the way.
We've also had many members who bring along partners, spouses, siblings, parents and children, and having someone close to you to join you on your way to healthy habits makes it that much easier to adopt them. Neil and Caroline lost a stunning 125lbs together!
We’ve always done things together and we knew Slimming World was the healthiest and most effective way for us to both lose weight—and keep it off for good! Since losing a combined 125lbs, family life is just fantastic and we can now run circles around our two boys—they struggle to keep up with us!
If you'd love to lose weight and live a healthy life, join with someone you love and together, we can do it!
Weekend brunch menu
Free Food is the masterstroke of genius behind Slimming World's healthy eating plan—the hunger-free way to lose weight.
Free Foods are foods that can be eaten freely—no counting, no weighing, no measuring, no limits, ever!
So which foods are Free Foods? Where to start! Lean meat, fruit, veggies, pasta (yes, really!), potatoes, rice, and more! Building meals from Free Foods is what really revs up your weight loss, and this week's lazy Sunday (or any day!) brunch menu is a fab way to start the day for Free.
Set up a spread of:
- eggs (poached, scrambled, soft-boiled...the choice is yours!)
- smoked salmon
- broiled Canadian bacon and tomatoes
- a huge fruit salad smothered in Free yogurt
That might not sound like a diet menu, and that's because Slimming World isn't a diet—it's a healthy way of eating for life. If that sounds like how you'd love to lose weight, here's how you can join us!
5 small changes that can make a big difference to your weight
A magic wand, an enchanted pill, a supernatural force to make our appetite mysteriously disappear! All easy ways to lose weight… and all as likely as finding that elusive pot of gold at the end of a rainbow!
The way to lose weight that's just as magic and in our hands: Slimming World! Delicious food is always on the menu (oh, yes, we love our food at Slimming World!). There isn’t a single food you can’t enjoy, or a food group you have to avoid. Enjoy steaks, spaghetti Bolognese, chocolate cheesecake, mac & cheese—the list goes on!
These small changes offer a glimpse of the secrets to Food Optimizing, which shows members how to cook, shop and eat real food from the grocery store for stunning, lifelong weight loss success!
- Build meals around satisfying, low energy-dense foods such as fruit and veggies, pasta, rice, potatoes, beans, eggs, fish, poultry and lean meat. These foods are naturally low in calories, satisfy your appetite and keep you fuller for longer.
- Choose whole fruits ahead of juice—they will fill you up and you won’t overload on the natural sugars found in fruit. it’s difficult to eat 8-10 oranges or apples at once, but that’s usually how much fruit goes into one glass of juice.
- Where it makes sense, fill a third of your plate with fruit or veggies. Both are low in energy density and full of natural vitamins and minerals, so as well as helping you to feel full without taking in a lot of calories, you’ll be getting all the nutrients you need.
- Take a time out from takeouts and cook your own fab versions of your favorite dishes! You’ll save $’s as well as lbs and tighten your belt in more ways than one! Burger and fries, kung pao chicken, tacos—they're all on the menu at Slimming World.
- Join Slimming World! Your fellow members will boost your weight loss when you’re doing well, and pick you up if you have a difficult week. It’s great fun and you’ll hear lots more tips and ideas for recipes, budget-busting shopping tips and how fellow members are managing their weight and improving the health of their families!